Atmos Mission Two Thoughts - long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For info, firmware update for the Mission 2 now available (v1.015).
  • Scuba compass will show counter lock heading in red arrow.
  • Can switch on/off the GPS in all diving modes.
  • Add Lock keys: Press and hold the left top key for 2s can Lock the keys to prevent accidental key presses.
  • Freediving depth and time alarm’s method can be chosen as vibration, sound, or both.
  • Add Power off in the system settings.
  • Minor bug fixes and UI improved.
Now hopefully they will update the Mission 1 firmware so the GPS can also be turned on/off (by far my biggest gripe about the Mission 1, GPS just never syncs for me).

Thanks. Maybe some of my suggested improvements (see original post) will show up in the next release. We’ll see.

I bought the Mission 2 as a dive computer and to use the widgets (running, biking, swimming). As for the widgets I can not get the gps to work properly. When it does work for running is about a 1/4 mile off in distance. For Biking I can never get a signal, and for swimming it doesn’t calculate backstrokes. I have not used it yet for diving, but with experience with the other features I will be using my Aqualung computer as the primary. So for $495 it isn’t worth it. Put in the extra money and get a Garmin.

I bought the Mission 2 as a dive computer and to use the widgets (running, biking, swimming). As for the widgets I can not get the gps to work properly. When it does work for running is about a 1/4 mile off in distance. For Biking I can never get a signal, and for swimming it doesn’t calculate backstrokes. I have not used it yet for diving, but with experience with the other features I will be using my Aqualung computer as the primary. So for $495 it isn’t worth it. Put in the extra money and get a Garmin.
Hi sk2koby,
I have the Mission 1, and also find the GPS just never syncs. That said, I have found it t be a great recreational dive computer (and would recommend).
I think you may be pleasantly surprised with your Mission 2 when you eventually do go for a dive, however I do agree as a smart watch - GPS and other functions, a waste of time.
I would love Atmos to bring out a straight dive computer only model - no GPS or other smarts, but maybe with air Integration (hope Atmos is reading this).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom