Wrinkles September Dive Catalina 9-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebuddysean:
If they swap the tank with you I would say that's a much faster way to fill the tanks!
I think I will rent a tank as well.

Sean

Pssst! Sean! Did you forget to tell Jim something :biggrin:??

I'll be there. I've booked Friday-Sunday. I sending my husband golfing on Saturday so that I can spend the day diving (and the teens are on their own, if there is a problem they will have to come get ME). Unfortunately, we have to come back on the 9:45 AM boat on Sunday.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Jim-bring your weights!!

Yep, I'm on the same boat, guess we left it too late..........oh well.

Jim, bring your weights.........

Well, it looks like my dolly thing is going to work out so I'll be bringing a tank, so if any of you are looking for me at the LB Cat Express terminal at 5:30am, I'll be the one dragging a 120 cuft tank and wearing my BC, so I can fit all my other junk in my dive bag.

And Jim will be dragging his weights.

wrinkles:
Ok due to popular demand and schedules that seem to be fitting together quite nicely. The September dive will be in Catalina.

Most take the early boat out and the late boat back. If I am able to go that is what I will mostly likely be doing. We usually do about 3 dives some people four and then we go for drinks at the local Cantina beofre the boat trip back.

So what do you guys think.....who is interested in going.....if we do make this a sleepover weekend somehow as people are saying they would like to do then maybe we can look into sharing rooms to cut costs...Anyways just some ideas for next months outing.

Ana

Hi, I'am a bit new here and I'd like to find out more about this catalina dive. Since it's one of my favorite spots and would like to meet my fellow divers also. How does all this go down exactly. Ferry over to catalina, meet up at a given location. Do you stick to the dive park, or combination of that and other places.
:jaws:

Mark

Hi Mark,

Welcome!! We stick to the Dive Park (Well, those of us without boats :wink: ) and there are lots of different things to see there... generally we just all try to find each other in the parking lot. Usually people are on different dive schedules especially if they are on different ferries, but we try to catch up at lunch if possible. Hope to see you there!

Jennifer

dazedone:
Well, it looks like my dolly thing is going to work out so I'll be bringing a tank, so if any of you are looking for me at the LB Cat Express terminal at 5:30am, I'll be the one dragging a 120 cuft tank and wearing my BC, so I can fit all my other junk in my dive bag.

I'm bringing my steel tank too. I guess that saying is true....once you go steel you never go back..... :eyebrow: So, I sit in the sun and rehydrate while they fill my tank....counts as surface interval!!

lobsterclaw:
Hi, I'am a bit new here and I'd like to find out more about this catalina dive. Since it's one of my favorite spots and would like to meet my fellow divers also. How does all this go down exactly. Ferry over to catalina, meet up at a given location. Do you stick to the dive park, or combination of that and other places.
:jaws:

Mark
Hi Mark,

This is my first time joining the group on Catalina as well, so I don't have any answers to your questions about how all this goes down. It looks like Jennifer has already taken care of that though. :crafty: I'm hoping to figure it out along the way, myself.

I just wanted to say that I look forward to meeting you on Catalina.

An aside to Jim:
Don't forget to bring your weights! :D

Christian

Well, y'all, I'm sorry that i'll be missing this one - it sounds like it's going to be another good group outing. This whole having to work instead of play thing is really getting old! :wink:
Oh, and Jim, I'm not sure exactly what the story is behind this (did I miss something?), but it's always good advice to remember to bring your weights! (Wouldn't it be funny if he remembers the weights but forgets his mask or fins instead? he he - just in case, remember those, too!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom