Wrinkles September Dive Catalina 9-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie:
I'm bringing my steel tank too. I guess that saying is true....once you go steel you never go back..... :eyebrow: So, I sit in the sun and rehydrate while they fill my tank....counts as surface interval!!

I think you've got it wrong.........."It's, once you go black, you never go back"

Jim bring your weights.

ShakaZulu:
I think you've got it wrong.........."It's, once you go black, you never go back"

Jim bring your weights.

I've heard that too, but I don't think I could do the whole DIR thing.... I like the blue too much in my fins, mask and wetsuit.

Jim-- why don't you throw your weights in your gear bag now, so you don't forget later! :10:

Ann Marie:
I've heard that too, but I don't think I could do the whole DIR thing.... I like the blue too much in my fins, mask and wetsuit.

Jim-- why don't you throw your weights in your gear bag now, so you don't forget later! :10:

Ann Marie - Maybe he wasn't talking about DIR :wink: ??

And Jim - I'll bring an extra mask in case you are concentrating too much on your weights!

{anyone else think that Jim is being an extremely good sport about all this?????}

sapphire:
Ann Marie - Maybe he wasn't talking about DIR :wink: ??

And Jim - I'll bring an extra mask in case you are concentrating too much on your weights!

{anyone else think that Jim is being an extremely good sport about all this?????}

I thought it was rather funny for her to come up with that angle.................

Jim bring those weights bro.

Okay, here's what really happened with the weights.

Sharks. Yeah, that's right. Sharks.

We all kicked out to go to Seal Rocks at Crescent Bay, and suddenly a shark shot past me. Big shark, probably 20 feet long. He circled, and then lunged at my BC weight pockets. I took out my knife and began wrestling with him. He knew he was losing the battle real bad, so as a last ditch effort to save face, he grabbed at both weight pockets with his teeth, pulled them out, and swam away with them.

The other guys didn't see this, and when I couldn't descend at the start of our dive, they assumed I had forgotten them.

That's what really happened, and I'm sticking to it.

mccabejc:

We all kicked out to go to Seal Rocks at Crescent Bay, and suddenly a shark shot past me. Big shark, probably 20 feet long. He circled, and then lunged at my BC weight pockets. I took out my knife and began wrestling with him. He knew he was losing the battle real bad, so as a last ditch effort to save face, he grabbed at both weight pockets with his teeth, pulled them out, and swam away with them.

The other guys didn't see this, and when I couldn't descend at the start of our dive, they assumed I had forgotten them.

Jim, I told you before bro, CRACK is bad for you, stop doing it...........

Oh, bring your weights.

mccabejc:

Jim,

Glad you survived! You are being a great sport about it since I saw it mentioned in another thread today too.

Once I got to the water only to remember that my mask was sitting on my bumper. Got double the exercise that day, running the stairs twice (didn't take off my bc, tank, or weights before the climb either). :11: Dope!

Hey, we can always buddy up, my weights, your mask.... lol

Thanks, I thought that my DIR comment was a little creative too! giggle...

Actually, the worst part of the whole incident was after my "swim of shame" back to the beach, all the beachgoers stood up and pointed at me. Even the little kids. And amid jeering and heckling and shouts of "hey, wanna borrow some weights !!??" and "hey, weighty !!" I skulked back to the car.

At least my fiance was there, and hugged me and gave me a "Oh, poor baby..." :D

OK... I've got a question.

When people bring a gear bag, tank, dolly to roll the tank around, etc., where do you put this stuff while you dive?

You don't just leave a bag sitting on the ground by the stairs with your wallet, keys and anything else you didn't take underwater with you; do you?

Are there some big lockers somewhere? Do I need to bring LOTS of quarters for lockers?

Alright... "a question" turned into a few related ones. :11:

Just trying to get a handle on this.

Thanks.

Christian

Yeah, that's pretty much what you do. There are lockers available, but not a whole lot of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom