Wrinkles October '06 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone, for a great day of diving! It was another wonderful Wrinkles dive, and those who missed out, really missed out. I'll try and get a report written today. In the mean time here is a link to the entire 2 page album of U/W shots;

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v116/krowsea/LB 10-14-06/

Here are a few outtakes;

Sleeping Octopus
lb0006.jpg

Garibaldi
lb0022.jpg

Bat Star
lb0023.jpg

Green Moray
lb0029.jpg

Juvenile Garibaldi
lb0038.jpg

Starfish
lb0040.jpg

Hermit Crab
lb0046.jpg

Gorgonian
lb0047.jpg

Kellets Whelk
lb0048.jpg

John A.

Spade:
Anywho, quick question: Is there a website that I can visit to reference marine fish in our area. I'd like to have a little more in the dive log than "2.5ft big blue/white fish" LoL. Cheers, Gabe

Hi Gabe,

Try this site, click on "Field ID". Most thumbnails are actually links to more pictures.
http://www.divebums.com/main.html

Also, this site is just starting a field guide, but it should be awesome as the database is filled out.
http://www.scubapost.net/fieldguide_index.php

John A.

Robert Phillips:
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have to lie about the great conditions we had today, do we? I could not have asked for better conditions (although I do wish Mo2vation could have been there. I wish it with all my heart and then some!)

So OCal is good for what, 1 or 2 good days a year? And I missed it?

That's just bad staff work. I'll have to smack around my admin assistant who scheduled me out of town this weekend.

Do me a flavor, gimme a 2 week heads up for the next good OCal dive day. 2007 is wide open right now. :eyebrow:

---
Ken

PS: glad to hear your day ruled.

Thanks to all for a great dive, and and a debriefing that was just as good! I definitely enjoyed the 3 R's class, but I REALLY wish I had made it for the first two dives!

I'll try to post back once I get my pics up...

I had the most wonderful time with everyone this weekend!!! It was great to see some new faces and wonderful to see some that I knew already. As always the weather ended up to be perfect . Not only were top side conditions great but the bottom side conditions were even better.

I had the bestest navigator/dive buddy ever!!! Not once did I have to check the circle thing and try to figure out what N S W E meant and each time we ended up right back were we started. (no effort on my part) !!!! Talk about a relaxing fun filled dive with lots of critters pointed out by John and Wade.

I honestly don't know if I had more fun diving or socializing. Gina's was awesome and I will be sure I never ever miss the after party (or else I will hear about it for the rest of my life) The conversation and the beer flowed. I didn't even mind mushrooms on my pizza that's how great the party was!!!! Thanks Ted for providing the proof of the fun!!

So to sum it up....I am so going to Catalina in November....I cant pass up the good company!!

Thanks everyone for making it such an enjoyable weekend!!!

Mo2vation:

Do me a flavor, gimme a 2 week heads up for the next good OCal dive day. 2007 is wide open right now. :eyebrow:

Ummmm, dude, like it was posted last year. Don't blame your asst...it was totally your stroke. :mooner:

Mo2vation:

Ken

PS: glad to hear your day ruled.

I went back to my log book and checked. Over 27 days with visibility in the 20'+ range. And those are just weekends and a random Monday-Thursday tally. You missed them all and only hit the ones when it was bad!:(

Robert Phillips:
I went back to my log book and checked. Over 27 days with visibility in the 20'+ range. And those are just weekends and a random Monday-Thursday tally. You missed them all and only hit the ones when it was bad!:(

The solution sounds simple. You and I need to dive there more.

When do we start???

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
The solution sounds simple. You and I need to dive there more.

When do we start???

---
Ken
I have a set of double 95's pumped up to 3500psi with 32% waiting to get wet. Let me ask the wife if she minds if I dive tomorrow evening. Can you make it?

wrinkles:
I had the bestest navigator/dive buddy ever!!! Not once did I have to check the circle thing and try to figure out what N S W E meant and each time we ended up right back were we started. (no effort on my part) !!!! Talk about a relaxing fun filled dive with lots of critters pointed out by John and Wade.

Well, when you get the opportunity to dive with a person as wonderful as Wrinkles (at a Wrinkles dive no less), you simply 'must' insure she has fun and gets back safely to her adoring fans. It was my pleasure, and I hope to do so again in the future. (soon...really soon) :D

John A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom