Wrinkles November Dive 11-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrinkles:
Did you say you can be my banana boy? :banana:

Lord don't get him started Ana. Trust me, once he takes the purple pill he is just a pain to be around. Just ask PnL!!!

Terry,

We are still waiting patiently for the banana video link :wink: !!

Jennifer

sapphire:
Terry,

We are still waiting patiently for the banana video link :wink: !!

Jennifer

I still havent gotten it rotated but for those of you with a bendable neck, here it is.
http://terry.scubapost.net/TerrysBanana.mov

PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND SAFE AS TO CONSERVE BANDWIDTH.

Thanks

jetfixer:
LOL! Terry that is hilarious!

Sapphire shot the video. It is too dang funny.

See all in a couple weeks at Laguna.

Terry

FYI, when we checked out Heisler Park yesterday they have signs ALL over that no portable grills are allowed... so we found a spot where there are two grills kinda close together by the tables, that is the one we should stake out as their grills are fairly small!

We will also need to shuttle people and gear to Crescent or Shaws, as they probably are NOT in walking distance :biggrin:!! So if you have a truck, be sure to drive it that day!

jennifer

saf_25:
Whoops - I've already got dive plans in the morning at Balboa pier, but I'll probably be able to meet there in the afternoon - probably will be able to join you all for maybe lunch and dive 3. What are the chances of finding parking if I show up then? :11:

If it is like yesterday Stacy, you wont have a problem finding a metered space... free might be more of a challenge. Stick around for the night dive too :)!!

Jennifer

sapphire:
FYI, when we checked out Heisler Park yesterday they have signs ALL over that no portable grills are allowed... so we found a spot where there are two grills kinda close together by the tables, that is the one we should stake out as their grills are fairly small!

We will also need to shuttle people and gear to Crescent or Shaws, as they probably are NOT in walking distance :biggrin:!! So if you have a truck, be sure to drive it that day!

jennifer
The best part of the park that we found for our Nov. Wrinkles soiree is right accross from 520 Cliff Drive. The huge sign with this address on it makes it really easy to find. There is a stair-stepped section that is all made of concrete where there are a lot of tables right next to each other and a couple of grills almost right next to each other that could be used at the same time.

This is right next to a grassy area where the EZ-ups could go.

There are signs everywhere that say that there are no portable grills allowed, so we'll have to use the ones that they have.

We also did a little recon to Gina's Pizza last night and have to say that this was good pizza! So, that's another possibility. Thanks to Ann Marie for the suggestion.

Jennifer, Todd, Dave, Ruben (aka Big C) and I were happy to conduct this research as a ScubaBoard Cullinary Community Service! :D

Christian

krowsea:
If I remember correctly, the sites south of Shaws have parking meters, with little if any free parking in the vicinity. The last time I dove Laguna, the meters were .25 cents for 15 seconds, or maybe it was a minute, but it wasn't much for what you paid. :wink: Is that still the case? Do I need to bring 5-6 rolls of quarters to park there for the day? If I surface mid dive and throw quarters towards the bluffs, what are the odds that some of them will land in the meter and allow me to keep diving?

John "Mr. Curious" Boy
25 cents for every 15 minutes. So, $1 per hour. If I remember correctly from yesterday's little recon, you need to start feeding the meter at 8am and keep feeding it until 7pm. So, you'd need $11 dollars worth of quarters to sacrifice to the "meter god".

Christian

I think the BBQ is a better idea than ordering the pizza. Pizza gets cold quick and I am sure not everyone is going to be on the same schedule so then the complication of when to order comes into play.

I personally like the idea of having food around to snack on as we dive all day....besides almost everything is assigned to bring.

Ana

Back
Top Bottom