Wrinkles November Dive 11-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So that is at least 4 of us. Now, we meeting at heisler or the crescent bay 0700 dive site? I will be at Heisler Park at 0600 and move to crescent bay at 0700.

It started pouring here last night at about 9:30pm. I like diving in the rain, so I'll be at Heisler Park at about 6:15.

I'm on the way!

Christian

Well, since I was down for coming in the afternoon, I think i'm going to not bother. HAve fun at breakfast!!

Brrrr! It was a bit chilli (or is it chillie?) this morning but I'm still glad I came down for a bit. That sure is a nice spot! Thanks for the invite and the eats, it was real nice meeting you guys and gals =)

Special thanks to Roger for manning the bbq and the girls for their sea-gull patrol.

How were the conditions today at laguna? I was in Avalon with my family (not diving) and the waves were slamming the rocks at the bottom of the stairs.

It was weird to see no divers at all in the dive park. Even the air fill trailer was no where to be found.

It rained until we arrived, but after some inspiration from Scott, we headed over to Crescent Bay and dove Deadman's reef. It was pretty cold, but the water was warm and the vis was 20-30 feet. We had some chilly winds, but the sun came out mid-afternoon and warmed up a bit. Some did 1 dive, some did 2, and the true dive animals did 3 dives!

Roger and his family were so nice cooking and bringing food! Everyone who helped with the food and picnic stuff, thank you so much! I had a great time. Thanks to everyone for showing up and having fun with our fellow SOCAL divers!

I took some pictures, but need to charge my battery before I can download them.
I'll try to get them up asap!

I'm way too tired to do real dive reports tonight, but I can tell you that the day turned out great after all. Despite rain, wind, and much cold, we had around 15 people at Heisler at 7:00. Throughout the day people came and went, but there were probably 20 to 25 people most of the time. By the afternoon it was almost sunny and sort of slightly warm.

Conditions were very good. Those of us who did the first dive at Crescent had about 25 ft of vis. Later at Picnic Beach, it was still around 20 ft at the outer reef. At the end of the day it was down to 10 or 15 feet.

Thanks to everyone for a fun, fun day.

I must say, very impressed by the dedication of the SoCal group to live life to the fullest, you guys are great.........(I don't often pass out compliments)

The diving rocked!

Conditions today were great. First dive, deadmans reef, easily 30 ft vis, low surf. 2nd dive was at heissler park, vis was still great, maybe 20ft. Calm conditions. some people did a 3rd dive.

We didn't have any rain today, except for maybe 1 or 2 sprinkles. It was cold and windy though, especially in the morning. The sun came out in the afternoon, that helped alot.

Lots of fish were out today, including perch, blacksmith, sheephead, garibaldi, painted greenling, rock wrasse, senoritas, gobies, lots of lobster. Lots of juvies. People reported seeing butterfly rays, many octopus, blennies, cabezon, treefish, scorpionfish.

Wrinkles almost lost her mask, but sapphire found it in the water. Roger was great on the barbecue. Sean used the depthfinder to help us find deadman's reef. Several of the men kept the women warm all morning with body heat. Roy brought his mom for the afternoon, and tried to pawn off some used equipment of his. The rum cake was great. My camera flooded. I think I saved the memory card. The view from the picnic tables was totally gorgeous. I had to drag the entire group into the water to get them to dive at 7:30. I think that someone had drugged them before I got there. I broke a clip on my BCD, thanks to everyone (Terry, Jen, Ana, Claudette) for the quick fix so I could dive... Emily got a lot of good studying done at a cafe.

It was really great seeing everyone....

Scott

Chilly my Heinie!!! It was freezing in the morning but warmed to friggin cold by afternoon!! Food was great and warm. Much love to the grill master.

Diving was great at deadmans. Sapphire spotted a nice 3.5 ft butterfly ray and we saw more octopus than you could shake a stick at. HUGE school of sargo and I didn't even know sargo schooled. I thought they were all illiterate.

Thanks to all who came out and thanks for the rum cake Ann Marie!!!

See ya at the next one!! San Diego again, right!!! :wink:

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom