Wrinkles November '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Dr. Bill....we also found the plaque. We took a 150 degree heading from the Valliant (sp?) and ran right into it.

Police_Catalina.jpg

Nothing spectacular about these two pictures, but I really liked both of them. :crafty:

I think this was Jim and Christian on their way back from the Valliant. I thought it was cool how it caught the beam of light; I like this picture.
Jim_Christian.jpg

And this little guy in the kelp had a little frown face on him. I felt like I wanted to cheer him up, lol.
fish_kelp.jpg

Divmstr223:
Hey Dr. Bill....we also found the plaque. We took a 150 degree heading from the Valliant (sp?) and ran right into it.

Nice pictures Steve! Looks like you're getting that camera down :D

Jen

ChickOfTheSea:
Divmstr223:

Nice pictures Steve! Looks like you're getting that camera down :D

Jen

I think you are being far too generous...lol. Those were 2 of the very few that came out decent. I took about 110 photos too...:( :wink:

I think I might need that info you were telling me about...(Digital Photography). How did your pictures turn out?

Your pictures came out great Jen! I have much to learn yet...I see all of you Dive Goddesses snuck a picture in there too...:14:

Kim offered up a tour of the North Wall at the Shores (I've never ventured out to it), so I'll have to pencil that in at some point soon....I love La Jolla Shores! :D

Divmstr223:
Kim offered up a tour of the North Wall at the Shores (I've never ventured out to it), so I'll have to pencil that in at some point soon....I love La Jolla Shores! :D

Come out anytime! We'd be glad to take you to the N. Wall :) or even the Secret Gardens... that's a great spot as well....

Jen

It's hard to imagine that things could have been any better this weekend. The Seaport Village Inn was really a great place for us to stay and I look forward to staying there again in the future.

I enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones.

It was fun playing tour guide and navigating to the different "features" in the park.

After hearing about that plaque for the police officer, we went out and found it. It was easy to see because of the bright reflection and it's actually very close to the swim platform a bit closer to the boundary line than the Cruzado plaque.

Dinners out after diving are always special and this time was no exception. I love getting to know you all better and dinner is a great relaxing way to do that after a wonderful day of diving.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Our next Wrinkles Dive will be the Dive and Campout Combo at Leo Carrillo State Park in December. For the last 2 years in a row, we have had the type of phenominal weather that you would hope for on a beautiful summer day.

I'll put the new planning thread for the December Wrinkles Dive, BBQ and Campout up over the next couple of days.

Christian

Really enjoyed the weekend.

Great to meet so many people for the first. Excellent conditions, patient critters, warm water, good friends.

Jen - I can't believe you saw and shot a coffee bean shell... and a 'nax?!! What up, eagle eye. Great spotting.

Loved it all. Thanks everyone.

Pics and stories here.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom