Wrinkles November '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Really enjoyed the weekend.

Great to meet so many people for the first. Excellent conditions, patient critters, warm water, good friends.

Jen - I can't believe you saw and shot a coffee bean shell... and a 'nax?!! What up, eagle eye. Great spotting.

Loved it all. Thanks everyone.

Pics and stories here.

---
Ken

Amazing pictures Ken.... Thanks for taking us over to the Octo on the night dive Sat also....:crafty:

Steve

Great pictures Ken! Like the octo you saw on the Valiant! Great picture! Was that the Sheephead that was playing around with your spool?

Actually Kim spotted the 'nax'.... it was the smallest one I'd ever seen!!!! I didn't even think my camera would get a picture of it! :D

Jen

Here's something else I spotted in Catalina!

P1010029b.jpg

ChickOfTheSea:
Great pictures Ken! Like the octo you saw on the Valiant! Great picture! Was that the Sheephead that was playing around with your spool?

Actually Kim spotted the 'nax'.... it was the smallest one I'd ever seen!!!! I didn't even think my camera would get a picture of it! :D

Jen

This guy showed up on our way across the sand, coming back from the Valiant (looks like the area you shot the bean and all those two-tailed worms...) He was hanging out, and HBrockbanger started smacking two rocks together like that monkee with the freaky eyes and the cymbals.

THEN it got interesting. He really came close - as in 2 inches from her hands. I had a 60mm lens on, so I had to keep backing up - I never could get far enough away to get him and her both in frame. Hence the dental shot of bucky.

They crack me up.

---
Ken

I had a great time meeting such a friendly group of diving enthusiatics. Thanks to everyone who made Catalina a great place to be above the water and below. I am looking forward to playing again. Leo Carrillo State Park for the dive and campout is already marked in my book.

Janene

I just wanted to thank everyone for a great weekend. Diving was awesome, and the company was just as great. So if anyone is interested in diving the St. Lawrence or Tobermory, let me know eh.

Here are some topside pictures taken from Saturday's dinner.
IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

Here's hoping I get to come back to California again and join another Wrinkles dive.

Praising

Who was the clown wearing his hat at the dinner table?? geeeeeez, no manners I tell ya...:mooner:

Nice pictures...thanks for posting those Praising..

Praising:

Can you post some of your underwater shots from the dives on Valiant and Sujack?

Jim

Thanks for a wonderful time everyone. I had so much fun I'm still recovering.

Dr. Bill, anytime you want to dive La Jolla Cove you let us know.
Steve, the North Wall is waiting.

Anyone else who's ever in the area you give a hollar and we'll throw in a tour.

Congratulations to the newly ordained California Dive Goddesses Penny and Janene, and of course our one and only Canadian Dive Goddess Praising!! You girls rock and you know it. I'm not sure what label to put on Claudette because she just surpasses the meaning of Dive Goddess!!

Kim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom