Wreckmania # 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roomie - That is a great idea for cultural awareness! And I also say "YES" to anything that has to do with food. :lunch:

Well looks like I waited to long to join wreckamania. I'm still thinking of going to Florida during the week of Wreckamania. Is there any plans for diving after Wreckamania is over as I would love to meet you guys?

DiverG

Lessee....fried moose antlers, stewed beaver tail, hocky puck pate, and roast mountie. Hooo-Doggies! Them there is enough fixings to make even Granny Clampitt shed a tear.

Natasha and Others.....

I will be headed to Florida before Wreckmania starts to meet up with and dive NetDoc out of Orlando and that area. So if anyone wants to link up for the earlier stuff, let us know.

Originally posted by TexasMike
Lessee....fried moose antlers, stewed beaver tail, hocky puck pate, and roast mountie. Hooo-Doggies! Them there is enough fixings to make even Granny Clampitt shed a tear.

I gather --- somewhere in there is a "yes" TM?

Trust me (she says with manical laughter in the background), trust me :tease: there won't be anything strange, more than likely something done up with real maple syrup (vs that yucky stuff I always see south of the 49th). Just some interesting sampling.

Originally posted by Sunshinefish
Roomie - That is a great idea for cultural awareness! And I also say "YES" to anything that has to do with food.

good thing you're saying yes, you might end up being my sous-chef!

Originally posted by DivingGal
I gather --- somewhere in there is a "yes" TM?
Si, mi amiga.
So when does your episode of Iron Chef appear?

Originally posted by TexasMike
Si, mi amiga.So when does your episode of Iron Chef appear?

It was on already. You mean you missed it? Well there goes the possibility of me coming back --- low audience numbers...

Originally posted by DivingGal
Sign me up - I will gladly help taste, er, prepare the food! :wink:

Originally posted by SunshineFish

Sign me up - I will gladly help taste, er, prepare the food! :wink:

Thanks roomie.... I'll e-mail you with some ideas that I'm bashing around --- but shhhhh we don't want to tell the maniacs about it just yet. :wink:

Wow, a girl goes to French Polynesia for 2 weeks, and she sure does miss a lot! You guys have been very busy.

The trip was fabulous, and I promise a trip report soon. I'll try to include some pics from the 26 rolls of film we used....

As for food, a subject second only to scuba in my book, Lydia and I will eat almost anything, with one exception. Lyd is Lactose Intolerant, which means no Bovine Dairy Products. This includes milk, cheese, butter, sourcream, yogurt, etc.... She can enjoy goat or sheep milk cheese (which all GOOD Feta is made from, although the common grocery store variety seems to be made from cow's milk these days.) and a wide variety of soy products. She hates to make a big deal about this, but if you could try to leave the butter and cream sauces on the side it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if any of you Florida Cowboys or girls have figured out how to milk a sea-cow, she might be willing to sample!

We're really looking forward to this trip!

Happy Diving,
Scuba-sass :)

Back
Top Bottom