Wreckmania # 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the all kind words! You guys aren't trying to butter up Mom to get a bigger Easter basket this year, are you? Nah, not my kids!

:gorgeous:

Irene & I met Moo on the Lady Go Diver for a morning of diving. Irene is a new member of the Caloosa Dive Club http://www.diveclub.org/ and excited about diving. Captain Rob put 29 divers on board the Lady which is more than I've seen on board before. It worked well because the crew is excellent, but it is a tad crowded with that many divers.
Our first dive was not the Sea Emperor as advertised, but the Ancient Mariner instead. I'm not complaining because they are about the same depth and I actually prefer the Ancient Mariner. (our first scheduled dive during Wreckmania)

We were the first divers in the water, descending in order - Moo, then Irene with me bringing up the rear. Moo soon disappeared into the depths while Irene took her time equalizing and descending. When we arrived on the wreck, Moo was patiently awaiting our arrival. We toured the entire wreck, inside and out. It was Irene's deepest dive ever and her first wreck penetration. Moo was diving his brand new AL 100 with nitrox, so he stayed quite a bit longer after Irene & I ascended.

Our second dive was on Separated Rocks. This was a float dive. I took the float while Moo stayed with Irene on the descent. Reaching the bottom, I immediately spotted a sleeping 4 ft nurse shark. I anchored myself on a rock and let Irene pull herself down the line too me. It was her first shark. It's always exciting to watch someone seeing their first shark. Later in the dive, we saw 2 Caribbean Reef Squid. It was a very relaxing drift. A grand time was had by all.

During the surface interval, Moo broke out his cooler and provided sandwiches for our group as well as oranges for us & those nearby.

Upon arriving at the dock, we headed up to Delray for a visit with Jo & MB. Moo, Irene & I sat on the front step and broke into Moo's cooler again for more sandwiches while waiting for our hosts to arrive. We spent several hours visiting with Jo & MB before heading back across the state.

Dive 1: Ancient Mariner - 74 ft, 38 minutes, EAN 40, viz 50 ft

Dive 2: Separated Rocks - 43 ft, 55 minutes, EAN 40, viz 40 ft.

I wore the Limited Edition Wreckmania Dee Rag the entire day. Moo took some photos, so we should have some examples posted soon.

Walter: Great dive report! Thx for sharing it.

Over the weekend quite a few people had time to write to me! My email box was so full!
Seems tons of people want that last room for Wreckmania.
I had to put everyone on a wait list for now.
The reason is I have had divers in upper management that might also want the room.
I also am thinking of 'saving' the room and not selling it at all.
The reason for this is, if anyone has a small problem with their room, such as a shower not working, I want to be able to have somewhere to move them.
So, unless upper management wants the room, I am going to hold it out and not sell it. So sorry. I do think that is the best thing to do, really.
Walter and I have already talked about Photomania (an underwater photography class) for the future, with a well known underwater photographer, and Wreckmania II for next year.
Save up and join us next year, if you weren't able to now.
Thanks!

Originally posted by Natasha
... Walter and I have already talked about Photomania (an underwater photography class) for the future, with a well known underwater photographer, and Wreckmania II for next year.

whine, whine.... love the idea of "photomania" -- but if held this year, I can't go;-0 (not unless someone pays my way :D)...

looking forward to seeing that stylish Dee-rag Walter.

June:
This year is already full for me too.
I am working on trips for 2003 now.
So far I have decided on Curacao March 1st to March 8th 2003.
I would like to put Photomania in Florida in June 2003.
I am also thinking of Wreckmania I "Continues" .. for the divers that have dove Wreckmania I and want to dive different wrecks. {This might back up to Photomania dates}
And Wreckmania II for new wreck cert divers, doing these wrecks again July 2003.
I will also offer Bonaire every year in the fall since it's a good place to dive in the fall, and known to be out of the hurricane belt.
Also June:
Please post the idea you emailed to me over the weekend. Let's hear the feed back. Ok?

Pheww - glad the Photomania will be next year. Pair it up with Wreckmania Continues -- great idea. Where do I send the deposit again? hehehe :D

Here's the idea Natasha mentioned.

I am really looking forward to Wreckmania and meeting folks I (so far) only know through chatting with through the magic of the internet. I got to thinking, as part of Wreckmania that as the only non-American I would host/sponsor something uniquely Canadian.

My original idea was for one of the meals.... however, Natasha has informed me that there are 20 of us involved in this party, and my budget won't stretch for a whole meal. So instead, I would like to host a nibbles occassion - a sort of mini-Canuck party. On one of the Wreckmania days, I would put together a "whole mess" of snacks for you Americans to try out. Nothing too weird, but all of it interesting.

What do you say? Are you interested?

Back
Top Bottom