Wreckmania # 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-sass's comment of Lyd's lactose intolerance, brings up the question:

Wreckmaniacs - anyone else have eating problems? Allergies?

I can't eat onions or peppers -- I like the flavour, just can't really eat them.

I'd hate to bring something that everyone couldn't have a taste of.

Originally posted by scuba-sass
Also, if any of you Florida Cowboys or girls have figured out how to milk a sea-cow, she might be willing to sample!

Your wish is but my command... I will bring some for your enjoyment. But, don't call us "cowboys" or "cowgirls"... We are known as "Florida Crackers". We were named thus for the whips we used when driving cattle through the swamps and grass lands of our fair state. Who says we're not a kinky state??? Whips and manatee milk... what a combination!!

Sass:
Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your cruise. My Olivia catalog came, and it sure looked awesome!
As for the food stuff ..
It might have looked like I wasn't sure what I was doing ..but being a Mom for 18 years and having a son that is 6'1" and 167 lbs. .... qualifies me to be a cook! heheheheh
So no worries. I would have left the sour cream and butter on the side .. and the onions and garlic too .. but I will spice some of the meats up a bit for those that want them. (Me) I will post a purposed menu soon..and you guys can make the changes ..how's that?
Also, who else has "special needs," and what are they? Pete ..not those needs ...

Thanks, Natasha - I knew we could all count on you to please our every culinary whim.....

What, no Chateau Briand? That's it, I'm not going to play....

Just kidding, of course! I'm sure your menu will be delightful, and I'm looking forward to the spicey side of things.

Everything about our vacation in French Polynesia was fabulous. So wonderful, in fact, that I'll have to wait for some free time on the weekend to compose the trip report!

Happy Diving,
Scuba-sass :)

Sass: I can hardly wait for that report. I want to hear about the ship too. I've heard it's awesome.

Now for the food ..
Here are some of my thoughts.
Thought #1 I like good food
Thought #2 Since there is so many of us.. we have enough money to buy good food!
So Thought #3 ..I wondering if anyone (Beast) might have a smoker they could bring? It would be great to smoke a turkey and a brisket.
If not we can still put good food on the gas grills.
So let's talk Food! I was thinking of a seafood night on the last night (Monday) and buying shrimp and orange roughy and such for that night .. a steak night and getting sirlion, and the first night being chicken and pork chops if we can't have a smoker.
Your hungry thoughts please ...

Originally posted by Natasha
... So Thought #3 ..I wondering if anyone (Beast) might have a smoker they could bring? It would be great to smoke a turkey and a brisket.
If not we can still put good food on the gas grills.
So let's talk Food! I was thinking of a seafood night on the last night (Monday) and buying shrimp and orange roughy and such for that night .. a steak night and getting sirlion, and the first night being chicken and pork chops if we can't have a smoker.
Your hungry thoughts please ...

No smoker, but I do have a small portaable bbq if you think we need it.

Only one thing to say about the food - "You cook it we will come.... "

Originally posted by Natasha
.....So Thought #3 ..I wondering if anyone (Beast) might have a smoker they could bring? It would be great to smoke a turkey and a brisket....

Smoker? You mean one of those lightweight aluminum bubbles that you yankees use to smoke meat? :tease: No, we don't have one of those. What we DO have is a regulation, pipe constructed, TEXAS Bar-B- Q pit that would require a low boy trailer to get to Florida! :D

Seriously, I'll ask Beast if we'll have room to take the small pit.

OK I admit it. I didn't know what a smoker was until I started living with my TEXAN husband. (Yankees go out to eat a lot)
He has some heavy thang .. big, black, scary lookin, but makes all the neighbors jealous when he smokes meat in it.
If Beast sees it in his big Texan heart to fit that pit in the van.. we can have some really good down cookin food.. along with some special "Oh Canada" fix'ns too!
From Chicago all I can offer is some deep dish pizza ..which would get soggy on the plane.
Now if Sass is willing to bring some lobsters down .. and KC some Kansas City Bar B Q we just might have a real food frenzy going ...

Bugs don't fit into those airline seatbelts too well, and besides - they tend to give the flight attendants the willies...

Now if y'all want to head on up to New England some time, we can have chowder, and bugs and killer apple pie!

Scuba-sass :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom