Wreck Valley Divers - NY/NJ/PA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently I'm barking up the wrong tree. I'm looking for dive buddies for NJ wreck diving and I'm talking to quarry divers. Like I said to each his own. Have fun be safe.

dude, relax. I am sure you'll find plenty of buddies to dive with you on a boat. Just go ahead and start another thread in this forum to specifically ask for buddies with details on Who, Where and When, and I am sure you will get plenty of responses.

As far as your original posts... you made a comment about DS not being up to par with you, and that's fine... I added my comments.. that's all. no harm done. just sharing thoughts and opinions.

Hello,
I live in Long Island and wouldn't mind making the trip a few times during the summer to go diving in NJ. I am a school teacher, so the summers are open. I am basically all finished with my Dive Master, just waiting to do the swim. I will be going to FL for three weeks this summer to become an instructor. Email me at DNehlsen@optonline and maybe we can set up a date when we could dive together.

Thanks,

Daniel F. Nehlsen

P.S.
I am also a Dutch Lover!!!

Nice to hear from you Dan. I guess I had better lay off the Dutch Springs rant! Sorry guys I've just been frustrated with no luck in scoring a dive partner online. But now I'm getting a couple of hits so I think I'll take VT's advise and relax.

Hey I've always wanted to go up to Long Island to dive on some of the wrecks you have up there. That San Diego wreck sounds awesome. I'd love to do that U boat (853?) off block island too. I'll shoot you an email and we'll see if we can hook up. Nice to hear from you!

Marc

Marcos:
Hi all,

I joined this club in an effort to meet local divers and most importantly find people to go diving with. I have put up several posts and messages looking for a dive buddy for a couple of NJ wreck dives I have planned for 6/12 & 6/20 and I haven't even gotten 1 response. I set an email out to the whole club too. The beginning of this thread says we have to dive with full member to become a member. How am supposed to become a member if I can't get anyone to come diving with me? What is the procedure for asking the club for a dive buddy on a specific date/place? If anyone is going out on one of the NJ dive boats this summer please drop me a line I'd love to come along. Thanks! Marc

dude you need to be more realistic. your asking most people to plan to far out. i go out almost every weekend but decide around mo or tue of that week so im sure i can make it. if a boat is full i pick another. i have never not found a spot on a boat and im not new to this. also, IMHO many active divers are not aware of this board or any for that matter. i have a job that keeps me infront of a computer all day but thats probably the minority of divers. so if you really want to find wreck divers go out on a boat by yourself and you'll have new friends by the time it comes back in. i do that almost 50% of the time. dove last sunday 4/19 and met a few really great, experienced guys. Just my 2cents. oh and by the way i will probably be going out again this sunday on the jeannie II if anyone want to come and say hi.

weekender:
dude you need to be more realistic. your asking most people to plan to far out. i go out almost every weekend but decide around mo or tue of that week so im sure i can make it. if a boat is full i pick another. i have never not found a spot on a boat and im not new to this. also, IMHO many active divers are not aware of this board or any for that matter. i have a job that keeps me infront of a computer all day but thats probably the minority of divers. so if you really want to find wreck divers go out on a boat by yourself and you'll have new friends by the time it comes back in. i do that almost 50% of the time. dove last sunday 4/19 and met a few really great, experienced guys. Just my 2cents. oh and by the way i will probably be going out again this sunday on the jeannie II if anyone want to come and say hi.

Thanks for your post, nice to hear from you. I actually just got a dive buddy for my two dives in June. One guy was from our club here and the other guy I met at my gym. Which brings up a question because he's an associate member like me, will diving together make us full members?

Anyway I'm sure everyone would love to hear a trip report from your dive on 4/19. Which dive boat, which wreck(s), viz, bottom temps, etc. Thanks!

Marcos:
I really don't understand what the attaction is to Dutch after you've seen everything there is to see there.

Marcos, I've been diving on and off since I was about 15
(24 years) and I've dove wrecks, walls, caves etc. from south America to northern Ontario (Ice as well).

And I love Dutch

I also have a family and run my own business, for the most part if I want to dive (except for a couple of multi week trips through the year) I have to settle for a quick two tanks with my buddies. I live in Doylestown about 45 min. from Dutch and I can leave my house at 7:15 dive two tanks and be back home by 12:30.

I simply cannot take whole days or weekends off to go diving on a regular basis.

Dutch allows me to satisfy my addiction, stay married and run my company. I also have found that when I can help out one of my instructors with their students it's very rewarding. I'm also working on my Dive Master and I can do that at dutch as well.

Two months ago I dove Turks & Caicos, last month I dove Jamaica and you know, they were really cool and way more interesting than Dutch. But I can't do that every other weekend like I can Dutch.

One more thought, as I was gearing up on the dive boat off of Provo (Turks & Caicos) watching the guy next to me strap his BC on the tank upside down I realized that most divers that I've seen could use lots more time at a place like Dutch.

Alright enough is enough. Let's lock this thread up or at least cease the Dutch Springs pros/cons. I expressed an opinion and at this point I wish I didn't. If you love Dutch I'm happy for you. I won't say another word about the place.

I'm going out on either the Spring tide or Tuna Seazure this weekend. Right now I'm signed up for the Spring Tide on Saturday, but may change to the Tuna Seazure on Sunday. I believe there's still spots available. Contact Northeast Scuba Supply if interested.

Marcos:
Alright enough is enough. Let's lock this thread up or at least cease the Dutch Springs pros/cons. I expressed an opinion and at this point I wish I didn't. If you love Dutch I'm happy for you. I won't say another word about the place.

LOL Marcos... no worries, we'll see you on the boat one of these days..

Sean, where in Jamaica? I did the Blue Lagoon (Port Antonio) and some kind of wreck in Kingston too... I liked it!

Back
Top Bottom