Wreck Diving Specialty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexRodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
As with most fields one always has an expert. I am interested in getting Wreck Diving certification specialty but I am not just looking for someone to take my money and help me collect another card. I actually want to learn this specialty. I am sorry if this should be obvious but I have been calling around some of the local operators and they don't seem to understand this. Bottom line is I am looking for recommendations on a dive instructor preferably in South Florida (or anyware in Florida if he/she is what I am looking for) who is an "expert" on Wreck Diving.

I appreciate everyone's help in advance.

Alex

I don't know about Florida wreck diving, but if you want a good wreck instructor, drive up the coast to NC or NJ. I took my wreck class in NJ and got a good class.

yeah i know what your sayin

check here...
www.underseaexploration.com
i know that mike usually spends a few weeks in Florida and does some advanced training

AlexRodriguez:
As with most fields one always has an expert. I am interested in getting Wreck Diving certification specialty but I am not just looking for someone to take my money and help me collect another card. I actually want to learn this specialty. I am sorry if this should be obvious but I have been calling around some of the local operators and they don't seem to understand this. Bottom line is I am looking for recommendations on a dive instructor preferably in South Florida (or anyware in Florida if he/she is what I am looking for) who is an "expert" on Wreck Diving.

I appreciate everyone's help in advance.

Alex

Two instructors that used to do the "Wreck Mania" get-together both teach (or did) the wreck specialty. Each is knowledgeable of the wreck environment, especially for Florida. I've met and dived with both, and they have easy demeanors to listen to and learn from. They may be a fit for you.

They would be MB (NAUI) and Walter (YMCA), both here on SB. I think Mike is "around" Pompano area, and Walter is "around" Ft Myers.

ishbaby:
Im interested in Wreck Diving specialties as well . . . and I was hoping for a good instructor over here in the Philippines.

Good luck, I have had a hell of a time finding someone I would consider going with in Florida.

Alex

ishbaby:
Im interested in Wreck Diving specialties as well . . . and I was hoping for a good instructor over here in the Philippines.

Now I see this post is from a while ago...........BUT if your still looking for a good wreck Instr in the Philippines. Get down to Coron in Busuanga and go look for Andy Pownell whos the owner of Sangat Island Resort. more info here........http://www.sangat.com.ph/ and NO I'm not an employee or otherwise related to him. I am no longer in the Philippines otherwise we could talk about wreck training...............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom