WP Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck:
Regular elevation is listed as 681ft elevation.
Today’s elevation is listed as 665ft elevation
Difference is 16ft. (easy on the smart butt remarks- yeah I can add :wink: .)
According to the map at wind point that drops the grove to 83.9ft.
http://www.windypointpark.com/uwmap.asp<SNIP>

That is the coolest little calculator Richard put on his website. Tells on the levels of all the objects in the park. Excellent idea!

Hey Rick,

I am spolied and I like Wp a bit too much.
The stairs at the dam are bit much with all the gear attached and scooters.

South wall dive-
For the South end enter at staircase #4- all the way at the end. Then we swim out about twenty feet to keep away from the shoreline. Swim out past private and past the rocks on public. We did not submerge earlier because of master divers on Aluminum 80&#8217;s. Get group together and review headings of the shore line.
Drop down to the sand and the edge drops away to the right. We would cap the depth off at 80 ft for better transition. You will notice the wall will pass the point and then curve to your left. You are now in overhead traffic (boat lanes) semi overhead and not the place to surface- SMB recommended. We would follow the wall and turn the dive on 1850PSI or NDL limits for 80ft. With master diver&#8217;s that happens faster than some people realize. Turn the dive and move up to 60ft and start working your way home. If divers are running low on gas they can hold the wall to the right and rise up with it earlier if gas dictates. (For those with less experience-this makes a great mentor dive and please do not dive beyond your training.)

Now since your running doubles and deco- off the stairs, drop to 25ft- follow the wall for a couple of minutes and drop as you see the need. That section drops pretty fast. The curve to the left just past public seems like it was a sheer wall at one time. I have been on the wall at 110ft looking down with good vis and could not see the bottom of the wall. I will grab my map tonight and see were it really starts. You guys are good to go.

Heading north towards arrowhead? I have been told the canyon in that direction easily drops to 150ft. Trimix training was done in that area a long time ago. That&#8217;s on the books for next visit.

I might be at the lake for Memorial Day, just have not committed to it yet.

Any questions give me a yell.
Andrew

Andrew what kind of scooter you running?

Dave

Hey there Dave,

Ok mate, set down the beer/soft drink. (No coke symbol here)
It’s not a Silent Submersion, Gavin, or Mako nope it’s the scary little brother…
Seadoooooo…
For now I have two seadoo’s. I can hear you laughing now…

But I am looking to trade up to a Mako or to a UV-18 Silent Submersion.
However, I have to buy two; one for me and one for my dive buddy/fiancé.
Anyway max depth is 100ft for now.

Are you diving a silent?

Have a nice evening mate…

Andrew

Crazyduck:
Hey there Dave,

It&#8217;s not a Silent Submersion, Gavin, or Mako nope it&#8217;s the scary little brother&#8230;
Seadoooooo&#8230;
For now I have two seadoo&#8217;s. I can hear you laughing now&#8230;

However, I have to buy two; one for me and one for my dive buddy/fianc&#233;.
Anyway max depth is 100ft for now.

Are you diving a silent?

Have a nice evening mate&#8230;

Andrew

The most recent ADM has an article on the X-Scooter by Dive Xtras Inc.. A new venture company but looks interresting in design.

Alan,
There website is here. http://www.dive-xtras.com/
If you can they had a cool article on a site called montanta- very cool dive.
This is a brushless motor with a rabbit (think thats what they called it) battery case.

It looks awesome but I am interested in the Silent for now.
Good to hear from you.

Andrew

ps- montana
http://www.dive-xtras.com/scooterdives/pdf/montana.pdf

Okay, I just gotta ask, who has a depth contour map of Travis, and is it accessible from the computer? I have dove WP so many times it makes my head spin. And from listening to the words about doing the wall here, I'm a little lost. i've gone to the beneteau and such, and there's a slight wall there, but if you keep going south off the wall, I don't see it curving out into the channel. I've been as far as the good ol' scoreboard, and that's usually just above a nice sized gratto at 70'. Plus, dropping that far (110'+), wouldn't that end you up in some trees?

Crazyduck:
Hey there Dave,

It&#8217;s not a Silent Submersion, Gavin, or Mako nope it&#8217;s the scary little brother&#8230;

However, I have to buy two; one for me and one for my dive buddy/fianc&#233;

Are you diving a silent?
Andrew

I own a beefed up Mako. Does everything I need for now. But on my wish list I am with you I would like a SS. Something about the quality of their handle is what sold me. I seen one at Dema. Anyways there is a mako F/S @ http://cgi.ebay.com/Underwater-Scoo...39193354QQcategoryZ114236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I also know a guy here in town with a black mako F/S if interested pm me and I will hook you up. From the reports sounds like Travis has really good scootering conditions right now.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom