Suggestion Wow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeFerrara:
We don't have any one group over-represented in the board management. It's a pretty diverse group with a wide range of diving styles, agencies backgrounds and diving interests.

Any one can post a class report. If it's a class anouncement it should be posted on the proper forum.

If you even have 1 moderator out of 50 who is DIR then its an overrepresntation of the general diving public. Couple that moderator with a bunch of loud mouthed chronies and you start to see the problem. Anytime someone disagrees with that voting block they get nailed to the chross.

So is posting DIR class advertisements in the DIR forum on-topic? Or is it a violation of the advertising TOS?

I recieved something saying that you dont have post on this thread.something like that but had something about dont have permission. best I can remember.

DFC5343:
If you ban an IP and don't type in the last number it can ban a whole line of IP's. Especially with AOL driven IP's. The moderators have to only ban the individual IP's or more than a few will have the same effect. Its like carpet bombing versus precsion bombing.

When a user is banned we don't really ban their ip per say, their account is simply changed to one with very few permission levels. The only time an IP or IP range is banned is when someone started flooding, spamming or creating serious problems with multiple accounts or so forth.

chrpai:
If you even have 1 moderator out of 50 who is DIR then its an overrepresntation of the general diving public. Couple that moderator with a bunch of loud mouthed chronies and you start to see the problem. Anytime someone disagrees with that voting block they get nailed to the chross.

So is posting DIR class advertisements in the DIR forum on-topic? Or is it a violation of the advertising TOS?

I didn't say that the percentages miror that of the general diving public. What I meant to say was that DIR divers (or any other group) don't exist in significant number to give them a voting advantage. Besides unless ones diving preferences create a conflict of interest in the matter being decided it doesn't make any difference in the first place. I wouldn't worry unless you decide to let us vote on how you will dive. LOL

As far as I know (and I could be wrong), class anouncements should go in the "classes" forum. I'm not clear whether this is covered in the commercial advertising TOS or falls under the heading of "put you're thread in the forum it fits best" since doesn't seem to fit under "paid advertising" either. I'll pass this question "up" for clearification.

chrpai:
If you even have 1 moderator out of 50 who is DIR then its an overrepresntation of the general diving public.
Gee, if only you could direct this rage to the under-representation of women and minorities in the political system!

I don't know what anti-DIR bug crawled up your ass and died, but it's starting to stink. You've been going on about it in this thread, the thread on nitrox stickers, it's even in your profile. Can you just go back to talking about diving please?

Scubaroo:
Gee, if only you could direct this rage to the under-representation of women and minorities in the political system!

I don't know what anti-DIR bug crawled up your ass and died, but it's starting to stink. You've been going on about it in this thread, the thread on nitrox stickers, it's even in your profile. Can you just go back to talking about diving please?

DIR wasn't mentioned in the nitrox thread until MHK came along and decided to enlighten me how bad PADI is and how GREAT they are.

Its just like that "DIR is a no trolling zone" ..... I'm a little tired of the notion that everyone who is not DIR are the trolls and the DIR people are just innocently, and politely trying to have a serious conversation.

What do you think really started this thread? You got a moderator with DIR up his * and a bunch of DIR chronies who are pleased that he booted a bunch of people who disagreed with them. You can't miss them, they are the ones that keep posting

"Bravo, Good Job! This ain't no democracy, sit down and shut up or you'll be next!!"

MHK didn't even mention DIR. You are reading WAY too much into this DIR thing. I have to go with Scubaroo on this one - you have this pathological hatred/obsession thing that's obviously really eating you up inside.

Was your father DIR and leave you? Were you not hugged enough by some DIR parents? Geez man - give it a rest.

Seek some help before your hatred eats you. Take a deep breath. Get some counseling. Maybe drink some herbal tea and have some Chrpai time or something. Sheesh.

If I'm driving around in Houston one day with my windows rolled down, and I hear some guy raging against DIR on a street corner or under an overpass, at least I'll already know who it is......

Is there any possibility at all that just ONE thread could manage to not turn into a DIR vs stroke war?

So many boneheads on both sides.

WW

There I was...watchin Springer when all the sudden a leprechan jumps in the window with a pint o da black nectar and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom