Wow - They found it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hunter is from Montana and Paul is from Wyoming. Sometimes they come to Spokane to dive with us, which they did this weekend. We did a couple of trimix dives yesterday, and after the first dive today (150' at lake Pend Oreille), I was tired so I went home and bagged the second dive. Allen is my regular dive buddy, and he played host and took them out on the inflatable for the second dive, but stayed in the boat, bagging the dive also.

And they found it. Two months ago, this happened: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pacific-northwest-orca-bait/252703-reward-lost-scooter.html

Many people have dived and searched for that scooter over the past 2 months. We've searched the area form 250' deep up to the shoreline, and along the edge of the shoreline in both directions. Friends have searched with scooters and just kicking. There was no sign of it. I had totally given up. After all, that lake is 1200' deep and 148 square miles - 68 miles long. But Allen kept trying. In fact, he said he would go looking for it again today, searching the shoreline from the boat since the lake is down, and dropping Hunter and Paul for a dive in the location I lost it. I shook my head and said, "Al, it's gone. But you don't give up, do you? If you find that thing I'll take you out to dinner at the Wolf Lodge steak House." Of course, I knew he wouldn't, the thing was long gone.

I went home.

Well Allen and Hunter and Paul just dropped off my scooter! Hunter and Paul found it in 140' of water, right off the ledge where I lost it, right where several of us had searched before.

I opened the battery compartment, and it is perfectly dry. Of course the battery indicator light has drained the battery, and draining these batteries is deadly to them, so I will probably need a new one. But it's on the charger now - so who knows?

I can't thank Allen enough for never giving up on finding it, even long after I had. And thanks to Paul and Hunter (pictured below) for the recovery. I owe these guys, and will think of something to do to let them know how much I appreciate it!

Thanks so much, guys!!!
scooter_found_.jpg

wow - i rememer the old thread when you lost it and wow, here it is back in your hands!!

congrats to your buddies on the find and congrats to you for your choice of buddies in your life!

Got up this morning and pulled the trigger and it purrs just like it always has. Hard to believe it has sat down there for sixty-two days with zero damage.

Got up this morning and pulled the trigger and it purrs just like it always has. Hard to believe it has sat down there for sixty-two days with zero damage.

You could prolly contact the manufacturer, give them a testimony and star in a commercial, or perhaps get 'sponsored' and free gear for life!!

:eyebrow:

never hurts to try!! :)

I owe these guys, and will think of something to do to let them know how much I appreciate it!
How about dinner at the Wolf Lodge Steak House?:D

That's awesome that it was recovered! I just read a story about a guy who lost his fin six months ago and someone found it yesterday as well! Maybe yesterday was "national recover a lost item" day! :D

For those who only know Rick from the boards... I am very sorry for you. To know this guy is to understand how much finding his scooter means to everyone here. He is the most giving guy I know, and he has taught me more about myself than anyone I have met. I never gave up because of how much the scooter ment to Rick. Of course, there was a little selfish motivation also... the number of scooter dives I did went way down after the scooter dissappeard. Hopefully we can get back on our frequent schedule :wink:

I was very happy to help such a great friend. Rick, How about I take you out to dinner at Wolf Lodge to celebrate?

Thanks again to Hunter and Paul. Very nice job!!!

I'm glad your scooter was recovered. When you told me the story I was bummed for you. But now that you have it back - hooray! BTW - it was a pleasure meeting you and your diving pals.

Cheers,

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom