Wow - They found it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick,

The Photo-> that is all to scary. What ever happened in NY I don't want to know!

I have to agree with Gary that your boss helped alot in finding it; Al's presistance also was a leading factor!

Really can't tell you how happy I am that it was recovered for some many reasons, many selfish. Now I have more than one scooter buddy to go with and second I have always felt guilty for your scooter since I was the one who hooked it to the boat when it came up missing. Seeing only your snap hooked to the side of the boat with no scooter attached was my worst day diving ever.

Once again Congrat's

If your batteries are dead can you order smaller ones so you don't leave us "X" guys in the dust all the time:>)

Congratulations, Rick! It's amazing what sometimes comes back from the deep. Great to have persistent and dedicated friends, too.

We all love a good story that ends well. You have some great friends, treasure them.

The Wolf Lodge near Coeur d'Alene is the one. The one in Spokane (which is related) is just not the same. Wolf Lodge Inn Steakhouse

As for splitting the steak, their "Rancher" steak is 44oz, so it should not be too hard to split it three ways. :)

Congrats. Rick- Glad you got it back.

Brent

Always love a happy ending. Kinda reminds me of a dive that I bagged and my buddies recovered a couple bikes. One bike was thrown in earlier that day by some older boys. The owner was standing there when they brought it out. He rode wheelies up and down the street.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Well, I charged the battery and it took the full charge like the day I bought it. I cleaned it up, inspected and cleaned and re-lubed the O ring.

I took the scooter for a test run last night. 40 mins on the trigger, max depth 92'. The thing just purred along perfectly, the battery indicator light never left green.

It still blows my mind that I have this back and there was zero damage from sitting at 150' for over two months.

I was telling Allen last night, some day some diver will lose something on a dive and I'll say, "Don't give up hope that you may get it back." They'll say something like, "Not much chance of that, " and I'll say, "Let me tell you a story about my scooter..."

That was luck, and the seals are intact too. You should get a lottery ticket.

You should get a lottery ticket.

As Paul and I were filling up with gas before we left Bozeman, we both bought lottery tickets. I didn't win, and I don't know about Paul, but if he did then I guess I'll be joining him in Truk in January.

Anxiously awaiting my phone call......

Hunter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom