WOW! Thats was quick!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
Cody died of lymphoma last month.
There is a special bond between a boy (the man is a boy when it comes to dogs) and his dog that defies description in mere words...
I'm sad for you loss, yet glad you had a friend like Cody.
Rick

I have watched hundreds of people die including friends in my arms as I tried to save them but loosing Cody was much worse. I did everything I could to keep him happy and comfortable then when he realy started to not respond to the pain meds I had him put to sleep while I was curled up next to him on the floor. He died still licking off the hamburger and gravy from the dinner next door. Thanks for the sympathies guys. He was a great human dog. GO give your best friend something special for dinner wont ya?

O gosh Wildcard. So sorry to hear that. I lost one of my furry 4 legged children about a year ago, and I think time is approaching for another. I love them like they are human KIDS.

Thanks for the sympathies guys.

GREAT NEWS! My SCUBA gear just arrived here from Hawaii! Now I gotta pay to send it back. Grrrrrr. I sure wish I could look into the future and know these things. I have my tickest in hand, well Etics anyway, I 'll be there Wednesday. Sure wish I had a couple more weeks at home. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sorry to hear about Cody. Sounds like he brightened up many people's lives.

I've done some quick checks in the classifieds and haven't seen a section that lists rooms (as opposed to entire apartments) for rent.

I swear that I've seen classifieds somewhere that lists rooms only or people looking for roommates. Maybe it's in those Penny Saver publications that are free at the shopping centers. There's also a free publication called Downtown Planet or something - it may have listings geared more towards the university students, but you might want to check it out.

Well, as long as you've got a place to stay in Waikiki when you first get here, you have some time to find something. Although I will say the drive from Waikiki to Schofield (while going against the worst of the traffic) still is a PITA.

Wildcard:
I have watched hundreds of people die including friends in my arms as I tried to save them but loosing Cody was much worse. I did everything I could to keep him happy and comfortable then when he realy started to not respond to the pain meds I had him put to sleep while I was curled up next to him on the floor. He died still licking off the hamburger and gravy from the dinner next door. Thanks for the sympathies guys. He was a great human dog. GO give your best friend something special for dinner wont ya?

...stab, twist, and hook it out still beating; hurts the big one... I know.... Sorry to hear, but you did it right all the way...

Thanks again...
I can't find "just rooms" either. Im not gonna stress untill I get there. I have awsome refs from previous landlords in Maui and Hawaii so Im sure I can get something decent.

Im also gonna be looking for a weekend/nights PADI IDC and some tec classes, IANTD or whatever. Keep all y'alls ears open!

Wildcard:
Im also gonna be looking for a weekend/nights PADI IDC and some tec classes, IANTD or whatever. Keep all y'alls ears open!

The only off-base shop that I recall boasted IANTD classes was Hawaii Sea Adventures. But something's up at that shop because their extensive website has gone by the boards. I know the owner (can't remember his name, help me out somebody) was into tech and had a cool Draeger rebreather. I'm going to try run by the place this weekend and see what's up.

There was another shop in Waianae that taught mixed gasses and such; apparently some guys from the local SDV detachment and Force Recon patronized the place. But this was quite some time ago, over ten years; I can't even remember exactly where it was except that it might've been near a surf store up across the road and not far from the Army Rec Center before hitting Pokai Bay. The only shop I see listed in Waianae is an Ocean Concepts branch; I have no idea if this is the same outfit.

Wildcard:
[...]Im also gonna be looking for a weekend/nights PADI IDC and some tec classes, IANTD or whatever.[...]

Island Divers Hawaii has technical diving classes.

Tell Jo I said "Hi".

Back
Top Bottom