WOW! Thats was quick!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been home (Alaska) for two very short months and am now on my way back to the islands. Oahu this time. I will of course be looking for dive buddies and Im also in need of a place to stay for 4-6 months. Room with a bath, Ohana, ect. Also looking for a dive boat to run on weekends, DM with a 50 ton. Any help out there? Aloha and I'll see you all soon!

I realy wanted to stay home for at least the summer but just couldn't stand the thought of running a halibut boat or doing cargo runs to the middle of nowhere and this came up. It was either Oahu or Florida. Too hot in Florida this time of year, besides, I still have my boat in Hawaii........Now! Where are these wrecks I keep hearing about?

3 off waikiki, a couple out to the West and the corsair off the east. There are also a couple of barges and stuff, that aren't that well known, out there too. :D
Where did you want to live?

justleesa:
3 off waikiki, a couple out to the West and the corsair off the east. There are also a couple of barges and stuff, that aren't that well known, out there too. :D
Where did you want to live?
I'll be working at Schofield. Need to break out the map and see what's near there. Im trying to avoid a lease and buying too much crap. This is a short job, 4-6 months. All I realy need is a room, small Ohana, Tipi in the back yard, ect.

Wildcard:
I'll be working at Schofield. Need to break out the map and see what's near there. Im trying to avoid a lease and buying too much crap. This is a short job, 4-6 months. All I realy need is a room, small Ohana, Tipi in the back yard, ect.

You'll probably want to stay in the Wahiawa/Mililani area. While I can't really help you with more information on the rental situation, Wahiawa probably has more short term cheap rentals than Mililani would, as Schofield is right there. If you have a contact on Schofield, there might be some sort of community bulletin board that has postings on rooms for rent.

I think your short term needs might be a problem - the rental market right now is really, really tight. I'll do a quick scan of this morning's classifieds in the paper - if I see anything of interest (specifically the room vs. an entire apt.) I'll post back.

Plus of working/living out that way is that you're just a hop, skip and jump from the North Shore - the diving "season" out there has just begun and it's been great!

I was looking there yesterday. Didn't know for sure where I wanted to be since I SOLD ALL MY HAWAII stuff as I wasen't planing on going back for a long while. I have a box I shipped that still hasent arrived here now most of it needs to go back....Iffin I can find a place to park my boat, I'll bring it up from the Big Isle for free boat dives :)...
Tried my first Alaska dive in a wet suit last weekend, bout froze to death! Ended up sick in bed the next day I got so chilled. Looking foreword to the warm waters of Hawaii again. Listening to Jimmy Buffet right now getting back in to the island mindset.

Wildcard:
I was looking there yesterday. Didn't know for sure where I wanted to be since I SOLD ALL MY HAWAII stuff as I wasen't planing on going back for a long while. I have a box I shipped that still hasent arrived here now most of it needs to go back....Iffin I can find a place to park my boat, I'll bring it up from the Big Isle for free boat dives :)...
Tried my first Alaska dive in a wet suit last weekend, bout froze to death! Ended up sick in bed the next day I got so chilled. Looking foreword to the warm waters of Hawaii again. Listening to Jimmy Buffet right now getting back in to the island mindset.

Need to know one thing wildcard....How is the dog? ya taking him/her back with ya this time?

Cody died of lymphoma last month. He had the best life any dog could hope for. He was Mr Personallity. Cody stories abound in Alaska. Everyone including people that don't like dogs just had to stop and pet him and give him a snack. He has done three trips from Cali to Alaska on the boat and half a dozen in the truck. He went as far as Adak (bout 400 miles west of Hawaii) Alaska for the summer with me. He was let out of his kennel and into the cockpit of the cargo plane with the pilots he was so well behaved. Way more people in this area know my dog than me. Im introduced as "Codys dad"....
I was at a party in Anchorage a few years back and were had a fire going BSing and drinking beers. Im talking to some guy and Cody trots by. This guys says "hey, thats Cody! I fought fires with that dog" Needless to say that was a new one to me. Seems my friends that watch him sometimes had taken him to work clearing brush in a campground as part of a firefighting crew. Again, Cody was so well behaved that he was allowed to go along, then they got a fire, so Cody went. Man I miss him. Sniff Sniff. His ashes are in a box next to his picture on my book shelf.
Thanks for asking and I hope I didn't gush on too long.

So Im "stuck In waikiki for the first month. Then I need a place FAST! All Y'all keep your ears open! Thanks and I look foreword to diving with everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom