WOW...Congrats To Mike Veitch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big deal... basically all he got were the eyes. I'm not impressed... NOT!

Seriously, nice pic... it sure shows the complexity of the visual system of these amazing invertebrates. From one of my newspaper columns on our own local species:

"The two stalked eyes often seen sticking out of these holes are perhaps the most sophisticated in the animal kingdom. Each individual compound eye is capable of 3-D vision and can detect light that is polarized three different ways. Their eyes contain 12 different color receptors (compared to the human eye's three) and they may be able to detect 10X as many colors as we can, not to mention four colors of ultraviolet light which our eyes cannot detect. I can barely read the DMV chart with my glasses on! No wonder they see me coming long before I detect them. "

They can be a pain to shoot. Just ask Gio about the time I was shooting all over one of the Sabang wrecks in Puerto Galera trying to shoot one, finally got him to stand still, only to have "card error" appear on the screen when I pressed the button.....

z...

Hi Jim, thanks! I shot that back in the fall. They were running a feature on Tobermory and needed some pictures. I didn't write the article, they just told me they needed some shots of a couple of the wrecks.

Sure, post away, I'm curious.

Warren

You got it...

I will do that for you just as soon as I get home, As right now I am at work on my lap-top....

Hey It's a tough job But someone has to do it!!LOL

Ours here off Catalina aren't seen out of their holes very often during the day. Only when they're totally wacked out on sex hormones do the males venture out and look for the ladies. Actually they do go out to munch as well as mate.

why is mickey very silent about this thread? i wonder.... :D

He's in Sing... with his date...:D

Congrats Mike! Well done, as always.

Hey Jim, there should be a travel feature on Tobermory, Ontario (pg. 29). You may notice the photo credits there. It hasn't hit the newsstands here yet in Canada, so I haven't seen it. I'm curious to see how it looks.

Here she is Warren, Sorry it isnt a better shot on my part, I just couldn't get it right.

001-1.jpg

Hey Jim, thanks for posting that! And thank you everyone for the kudos, i just got back to the net today and saw this thread!

I got my copy yesterday. It is an awesome photo Mike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom