Wow! Cabilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
worked up?!?!?

heck no....

i would have used "stupid twit didn't you listen to anything i said!!!" if i was worked up...

This i call continuing education..

thank u Veitch Sensei...

Mike Veitch:
get the sunball a little further out of the frame and have the rays coming in...or block it with the main body of the boat

You could also consider using some random fatty wearing a double-hose reg who just happened to be descending at the time as Mr. Veitch did here...

_MG_3177a.jpg

Hmm, only problem I can see is that it would pretty much block out your banka. Oh well, back to the drawing board...

clgsamson:
your best set that I've seen....the quality of your pix made my camera system obsolete.

Nonsense Caloy... You've got a natural eye for photography... something I don't have :D Some of the compositions you've done with a simple p&s and single strobe blow me away (like that recent soft coral wave shot you posted earlier). Sure the DSLR and the lenses help technically with some of my shots (faster shutter, wider aperture range, etc). Of course the interesting & unusual subjects in my pics help. But to be honest, I need to experiment more with lighting/ strobe placements, shot/ angle selection, and using the shutter and aperture more to darken backgrounds to bring out some of these brilliant subjects.

pakman:
Nonsense Caloy... You've got a natural eye for photography... something I don't have :D Some of the compositions you've done with a simple p&s and single strobe blow me away (like that recent soft coral wave shot you posted earlier). Sure the DSLR and the lenses help technically with some of my shots (faster shutter, wider aperture range, etc). Of course the interesting & unusual subjects in my pics help. But to be honest, I need to experiment more with lighting/ strobe placements, shot/ angle selection, and using the shutter and aperture more to darken backgrounds to bring out some of these brilliant subjects.
ahhhhh my faith is restored...thanks Mike. Looking at buying a new dslr lens again:D

edit: just booked a Bohol trip this October. I'll see If I can swing by Cabilao even for a day trip.

clgsamson:
ahhhhh my faith is restored...thanks Mike. Looking at buying a new dslr lens again:D

edit: just booked a Bohol trip this October. I'll see If I can swing by Cabilao even for a day trip.
buy a housing instead...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom