Would you Encourage or Discourage your Child to Enlist?

If Your Child Wanted to Enlist, Would You ...

• Encourage the idea

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • Discourage the idea

Votes: 62 37.1%
  • Tell them it's up to them

Votes: 61 36.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdb:
Well, The Irish won't give up. After all it is their Island. It may take a few more generations but, in the end, it will be a free Ireland again.

You don't have a clue of what your talking about. Ireland was made up of two main fractions the majority fraction wanted to remain under British rule. To appease the minority they were given southern Ireland the majority the north. The majority in the north still wish to remain under British rule. When/if the day comes that the minority becomes the majority then so be it. Also you may not know there are more Irish living and working in England than there are in Ireland. Between you and me the common man in England could not give a dam if its independent or just sinks into the ocean.

cdiver2:
Between you and me the common man in England could not give a dam if its independent or just sinks into the ocean.
When the poor bloody squaddies were sent in when the latest round of "troubles" started in the late 60's they were sent to protect the republican/Catholics from the unionist/prods. To pay these lads back the housewives gave them nice cups of tea….laced with rat poison…That was just the start.

These squaddies didn’t give a flying **** about Ireland/Ulster and the divide between the republicans and unionists. They joined because Britain’s industry was shutting down; Sheffield closed the steel mills, in Wales the pits were closing down …..life was tough and the army guaranteed three square meals and clothes on ones back.

It’s a shame the guys on the ground are the ones who cop the ****!

Azza:
It’s a shame the guys on the ground are the ones who cop the ****!

ain't it the way it always is

piikki:
Don't joke.

this is far too serious an issue for me to joke

nereas:
Why such a short list?

Personally I would recommend the Coast Guard, Air Force, or Navy way ahead of the Army or Marines.

that's precisely why i only listed the Army or Marines

cdiver2:
You don't have a clue of what your talking about. Ireland was made up of two main fractions the majority fraction wanted to remain under British rule. To appease the minority they were given southern Ireland the majority the north. The majority in the north still wish to remain under British rule. When/if the day comes that the minority becomes the majority then so be it. Also you may not know there are more Irish living and working in England than there are in Ireland. Between you and me the common man in England could not give a dam if its independent or just sinks into the ocean.

"common man in England could not give a dam" Yes, that has been the same for centuries.

mdb:
"common man in England could not give a dam" Yes that has been the same for centuries.

Well, who wants to remain under who's "rule" is still undecided.
In the end, The Irish will prevail. It may take awhile.
Not in your life time

Well, who wants to remain under who's "rule" is still undecided.

At this moment in time the voters HAVE decided

Personally I would recommend the Coast Guard, Air Force, or Navy way ahead of the Army or Marines.

No comment.:wink:

the Marines just beat their recruitment goals by 40%

hmmm...nobody else came close. Must be those big bucks and cushy jobs that make the Marine Corps so darn attractive.

and they have the lowest disablity claims, by far, curious eh?

...I had to comment

catherine96821:
No comment.:wink:

the Marines just beat their recruitment goals by 40%

hmmm...nobody else came close. Must be those big bucks and cushy jobs that make the Marine Corps so darn attractive.

and they have the lowest disablity claims, by far, curious eh?

...I had to comment
I am very surprised you havnt joined the marines Catherine:wink:

Back
Top Bottom