Would you dive Vortex now????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if Vortex will still allow access to the cave? Seems to me like a dead body in there would add more danger. There is no telling how someone would react after stumbling onto a dead body.

Not sure how someone would stumble into it now if the people who are experts at it couldn't find it in a week of planned search dives for it.

Will they allow access after they "call off the search"? Not sure why they would deny access. Look at Mat's post above about Telford.

It aslo seems like cowboys would be going farther in than normal looking for the body. I dont cave dive tho, so I could be wrong.

well it might entice someone. But I go back to my above statement that the experts couldn't find it. So I doubt "cave cowboys" will either.

I wonder if Vortex will still allow access to the cave? Seems to me like a dead body in there would add more danger. There is no telling how someone would react after stumbling onto a dead body. It aslo seems like cowboys would be going farther in than normal looking for the body. I dont cave dive tho, so I could be wrong.

We have a lot more important things than worrying over a body, no concern there to be honest. Your cowboy comment, I am afraid we might see some of this but I hope not.

It is sad that happen to someone i hope they can find him so the family can get closer .

Scubadog1969, Poor choice of words!

Since the body has not been recovered (as far as I know), that means it is nowhere near anyplace at Vortex I am going to be diving. And since that water is not still water, I'd still dive it.

On the other hand, we had a young woman missing in an area lake recently. She was missing for a couple of weeks during the hot summertime. If I was one of the divers involved in the recovery after so long a time and knowing that I may be intentionally placing myself in close proximity or contact with a decomposed body I would NOT want to be in the water without drysuit and full coverage. ( perhaps some of those out there involved in recovery can chime in with what the protocol is for these situations)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom