Worthington/xs scuba lp85 failed first hydro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just have the one. 1/2 straight thread valve but I do love diving it. Just wish I could get it plus’d. it’s a 2400psi. I got it for free and thought it was a normal pst. It sat in my basement for 6 months or so until I looked at it. If I can find three, I’ll go back to Luis’s documents, ultrasound them and calculate the ree. I may have an opportunity to help or take over hydro tasks for a local dive shop.
1/2" NPS?
That is one weird tank. Never seen a coke bottle with 1/2 NPS. Mine are all standard 3/4.
I have seen one with 1/2 NPT, but I hate NPT tanks.

Just to update this.

Emailed a few times back and fourth with hydro shop. The holidays made everything a bit slow.

The results sheets don't show weather or not the pretest was done, but they were able to go back into the system and verify that it was done on the tank that passed and not on the tank that failed.

I took the tank back to they facility where they retested it and it passed when tested properly.

They are currently trying to track down a used/matching tank and if they can't will order one from their suppliers.

Rule #1 always be nice. Going on the attack would have gotten nowhere

Rule #2 always have your ducks in a row. The manager definitely tried diverting at first until I showed the evidence

thats the unfortunate part with the HDG tanks, if they aren't being used regularly, they need the roundout to prevent being failed incorrectly. this is why i always tape the procedures to my tanks when they go in for hydro.

Back
Top Bottom