Worthington steel tank markings on X7-100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just purchased an X7-100 and was wondering what a couple of the markings mean:

TC-SU4957

I know the Transport Canada part, but what does SU4957 stand for?

There is a seven digit number just before the 01A06 marking, is this the serial number?

M8004

last characters on the bottom row. Does M stand for manufacturer or Worthington or ??? ;and what is 8004?

the su4957 is the Canadian Transport number I know they have an DOT exemption number, so if SU is an odd prefix, it probably just means that it is not a final certification. Without looking at a tank, I cant help you with the others

DOT-E14157 is its US equivalent

Hi BEM:
SU4957 is the Permit for Equivalent Level of Safety issued by Transport
Canada Safety and Security. Basically, the Canadian equivalent of the DOT exemption E14157 in the US.

The code for SU is as below
Legend for Permit Number:
SH - Highway SR - Rail
SA - Air SM - Marine
SU - More than one Mode of Transport

Yes, the seven digits ahead of the hydro date is the serial number.

M8004 is the code for the Worthington, Tilbury Canada factory code assigned by DOT.

You didn't ask, but the REE is the Rejection Elastic Expansion measured in cc.

BEM:
I just purchased an X7-100 and was wondering what a couple of the markings mean:

TC-SU4957

I know the Transport Canada part, but what does SU4957 stand for?

There is a seven digit number just before the 01A06 marking, is this the serial number?

M8004

last characters on the bottom row. Does M stand for manufacturer or Worthington or ??? ;and what is 8004?

Thanks XS Scuba,

Great Information, just what I was looking for. Now all I have to do is get a dry suit to do some ice diving or wait for the ice to melt and water to warm up to 40. I suspect that I may not use my 80 al tank as much, especially in the 7mm wetsuit. And 100 cuft - I can keep up to my wife on her 63 cuft, well maybe!

Back
Top Bottom