Worst of Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Worst experience was our very first day ever in Coz. (Probably our worse experience ever both diving, and on Coz.) Booked with a reputable op to take us out and made certain they knew up front we were new divers. No problem! Had to give them a credit card for the reservation. So we get there and they tell us the boats going the Devil's Throat. Hey, we're NEW. No problem, you'll be fine! Sorry, but I'd read enough to know it was a BIG problem! By now it's too late to find anyone else to go out, so they put us on another boat, but charge us for a private DM as we're on the boat alone. Not happy, but we agree as our options are limited. We get back and then they tell us that they can't run the charges on the credit card they required, they just ask for it to hold the reservation. Of course the guy taking the reservation never mentioned that, and isn't on the island that day. They want cash or travelers checks - neither of which we have enough on us to pay, especially with all the extra charges. So we take a cab back to the cruise ship, get our travelers checks, cab back to the dive op and hand over the travelers checks. Now they pitch a hissy that they don't like the way we wrote them out to the resort. By this point, we're so pissed we just tell them to take them or leave them, but that's all their getting. After we got home I wrote a not-so-happy email to the guy that handled our booking. Of course he apologized up & down and offered us a discount next time we came to Coz, which wasn't looking much like that would ever happen based on the first time there! We finally decided to give the island another shot - but not that op! I know people around here love them, but they will always be on my 'hit' list. Luckily the 2nd time there was great, and every time after that just got better and better! Now you can't keep us away! :D

on one trip I forgot to turn the temp on the fridge down and had semi cold/lwarm beer waiting for me in my room after diving and the Taxi driver whom wanted to give me a private tour of the middle of the Island...other then that alls good in paradise !

We finally decided to give the island another shot - but not that op! I know people around here love them, but they will always be on my 'hit' list. Luckily the 2nd time there was great, and every time after that just got better and better! Now you can't keep us away! :D
Uh, just curious, did that op have a name?

My worst would be the taxi driver who charged $14 US to drive us from El Cantil to Blue Angel the day we arrived six weeks ago. And I'll add the three taxi drivers waiting outside El Morro's who told us a fare $30 pesos higher to return than to g there, telling us to walk when we refused. We had El Morro's call for another and the taxi drivers canceled him on the radio. We walked out and caught one on the road.

My worst would be the taxi driver who charged $14 US to drive us from El Cantil to Blue Angel the day we arrived six weeks ago. And I'll add the three taxi drivers waiting outside El Morro's who told us a fare $30 pesos higher to return than to g there, telling us to walk when we refused. We had El Morro's call for another and the taxi drivers canceled him on the radio. We walked out and caught one on the road.

Isnt that like $3 US dollars.....

Every time I have been there has been one day that really sucked. The last day when we had to head home.

The old bird**** (toothpaste) on the back of your shirt scam in the airport men's room. While one member of the pair unobtrusively applies it and then is being solicitious & wiping "bird droppings" off of your back, the other is rifling your pack or what have you. I caught them, but let it slide as my flight was leaving for home.

Also had money stolen from my pack while staying at the Suites Bahia.

I guess not so bad considering I've been going for 35+ years.

Cheers,

DocVikingo

Reactions: Jax
Garlic conch lunch on the east side where there is no refrigeration.

Back
Top Bottom