Worst Disaster of the Century

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha ha... Someone who must know me well... Christ, if they stopped brewing Stella, then my life really would be over!

Off topic, but I am over in Grand Cayman and Little Cayman from 23rd March to 7th April, so we will have to hook up to discuss this further – over several brews, of course!!!

Mark

We stock up on Stella every time we go to Florida. Alabama has some weird beer import laws but we make up for it through our neighbor to the south.

You can get Egyptian Stella in Florida?

Nah, they'll be getting the genuine article over there – my favourite brew of all time, good old Belgium Stella Artois, aka Wife Beater (a lovely Brit term for it!).

Egyptian Stella – when you get a good one that isn't cloudy, or have a mouse in it, or an insect – certainly hits the spot, but god, can you feel rough the night after! Hence my move to Sakara!

Mark

Say it ain't so... We made our first trip to Bonaire right before Christmas and got hooked on Bright (along with the diving, the sunsets...).

There are so many fine brews in the world. However, a good Kistal or Hefe Wiezen from the Fatherland tops my list. It's not just a beer, it's a meal.

angles8:
There are so many fine brews in the world. However, a good Kistal or Hefe Wiezen from the Fatherland tops my list. It's not just a beer, it's a meal.
Well, well, well... lookie who's here :)
I wouldn't want to blow your cover there Homer... but your choice in beer is just tooooo transparent!
Love,
Uncle Ricky

The Polar Ice is great - drink all the time when I go to Caracas (and its so cheap there!!!). Have tried the Amstel when in Aruba, but not keen on the after-taste it leaves.

Take heart my friends! You can still get Amstel Bright. I just came back from Bonaire and I can tell you that although the Amstel Bright brewery on Curacao has indeed been dismantled, Bright is now being imported from Amsterdam. Although I've never tasted the locally brewed Bright, the crisp golden joy that is being imported is delicious!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom