Worst Disaster of the Century

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smokey braden:
tom smedley,
please take heart.
there's still balashi.
regards,

A suitable substitute but not Bright. After a night dive at Ole Blue we stopped in Rincon at the Rose Inn and told Ian to give us all the Polar that $20 could buy. He said "Just start drinking and I'll tell you when to stop."

The more Polar you drink the better it tastes.

What great memories!

...Just read a post from Curacao on another board declaring Amstel Bright will now be imported from Holland :51:

In fact, Polar is my wife's favorite beer ahead of Red Stripe. She didn't care for the Amstel Brights. As we will be flying Continental this time when we go in February, we will have enough luggage allowance to bring back a few cases of Polar.

Polar rules.....
Now that Bright is gone.....
Ian crossed over this year. Malfina may still have the Rose Inn open but Ian will be missed!

You can buy San Mig in a couple of offies here in Cayman but it's not often sold in bars.

clgsamson:
Is San Miguel Beer served in Bonaire or anywhere else in the Caribbean? Its just a thought cuz some may be missing perhaps one of the best beers in the world.

Uncle Ricky - who is my elder - and I shared a couple of Sing Ha's last night at his house. We found them at World Market. However, we both agreed that it has been too long since we had a domestic San Miguel. He in Olongopo and me in the City of Angels have enjoyed many, many, many bottles of this magic brew. Along with many plates of magic cuisine that went along with it. When I would work night shift in the Clark Emergency Room and start home in the morning a dozen hot Pan de Sal and at least two San Miguels were my breakfast before retiring for the morning. On special mornings the Balut vendor would drop by as well.

However, here in the US San Miguel export is difficult to find and San Miguel domestic impossible.

So therefore we have vowed to visit your magic country in the near future. Of course this means that you are responsible for the hospitality. A quick visit to the Sari Sari store will be in order upon our arrival.

This reminds me of a story - a ferry which used seawater to flush the toilets - San Miguel - a dark visit to the toilet - and noctaluca. More on that later.

Bukas

O'Malley:
...Just read a post from Curacao on another board declaring Amstel Bright will now be imported from Holland :51:

I'm hoping for this one!!! If this is the case it might be imported into the US:D

I sincerely hope that it is true, but can't see it myself. As Tom said, Bright is brewed using desalinated seawater, and Amstel tried importing it into the Netherlands but it didn't sell, so they stopped it. It is for this reason I can't see them starting to brew it in the Netherlands to export to the Antilles, as it wouldn't be cost efficient if people weren't buying it in the Netherlands as well – and somehow, I don't think desalinated North Sea will have quite the taste or appeal as the Caribbean!!!

I am off to Curacao in three weeks – going to have to bring back as much Bright as poss to keep me going. Can't believe it will be gone... Next thing they'll be shutting down the Sakara Gold brewery in Egypt and I really will go into a depression...

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom