World's First Artificial Gills Re-breather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing Indiegogo's TOS is not written to favor the suckers and any buyer's remorse.

Yep, I guess the internet really has made everything easier - including scamming money out of people for impossible development projects.

Now they're up to over three quarter of a millions dollars! OMG... I can't stop myself! arrgg... turning into troll! Must post truth on Facebook!

I know it doesn't help but, "The emperor has no clothes!!! His junk is hanging out!"

What's wrong with these people!

Triton

Read my post before they delete it! If you want to give them an extra poke in the eye, Like my post.

I managed to get one like before they deleted my post. Here's what I wrote that they didn't want people to hear....

I have been a diver for 35 years. I have been employed full time in the dive industry for 20 years and 15 of those years I've involved in the design and manufacture of diving gear. This is a blatant scam and a complete hoax. There is no coin sized Li-Ion battery that can drive a quarter horsepower for 45 minutes. If there were, our cell phones would last for weeks between charges. There is no battery powered micro compressor the size of a pill box with that can deliver 90 PSI. There is no simple membrane that can filter dissolved oxygen from sea water and even if there were there isn't enough dissolved oxygen in seawater to sustain a human unless you process vast quantities of seawater.

If you don't believe me, try Snopes Triton 'Tankless' Scuba Mask or Business Insider Here are the 3 big problems scientists must solve to make 'artificial gills' possible, check out Deep Sea News Here are the 3 big problems scientists must solve to make 'artificial gills' possible. The people behind this Triton campaign answer these articles with vague double talk about patents which has nothing to do with the issues. They also claim that they have overcome these issues just in the last few months.

The people behind this are marketing and design people with no record of producing any new technology, much less producing breakthrough technology in a half dozen unrelated fields at once. This is not a technology company that will fail to deliver on its vision, this is a blatant fraud. The guy in the video is holding his breath and he knows it as does the guy recording the video. They probably come to the surface between shots to laugh at the people giving them money.

They can delete this post, threaten me with a libel lawsuit, make stupid comparisons to what was once said about the light bulb. They can post lots of fake reviews from fake people that claimed they used this thing, they can talk about 'scuba elites' trying to prevent them from disrupting the marketplace with their new technology. But the one thing they can not do is deliver this fictitious, high tech, cutting edge breathing system for $399 dollars. They would not even be able to produce a conventional set of scuba gear for this retail price.

LOL! that one like was from me! Here's another....

Complain to indigogo. When the scammers run off with the money the 'investors' should go after them. They cannot plead ignorance with lots of explanations as above.

I am now considering crowd funding a crowd funding scam. For €/£/$100 you get a t-shirt saying 'I am at the top of the pyramid!' and a share of the takings. I will claim that I will take all the money and use it to provide convincing graphics, videos and other marketing materials for a number of cool devices ranging from perpetual motion machines to the transporter from Star Trek (tm). These will then be convincingly marketed on a number of crown funding platforms. As well as a t-shirt and a share of the loot these 'Angels' will be able to join in by adding convincing comments lauding the amazing designs being pushed.

Anyone wanting to get in at the basement level can start now by pm'ing me with details if their Swiss bank accounts...

Has anyone else witnessed a blatant long term robbery "in action" like this before. This is more intriguing to me than hanging at 15 feet breathing straight O2 from the water.

Anybody got a 3D printer? I've got some idea where we could make some killer money... Like drone wings for hogs.

:( I've been blocked from their Facebook page. You should try to be blocked too. :)

Last edited:
:( I've been blocked from their Facebook page. You should try to be blocked too. :)

Yes, I've been blocked, so I know I struck a nerve. This puts me in good company. :)

Amazing that there appear to be some people that are freely continuing to drink the kool-aid and vehemently defend these folks. They can't all be sock puppets and shills, so what's the motivation?

Has anyone else witnessed a blatant long term robbery "in action" like this before.

Not in the scuba/adventure industry, but something very similar is currently ongoing in the automotive world. Like the Triton, initial investors seem to be totally blind to the obvious (the product will never come to market) despite being shown over and over that this is the case.

It's another case of folks being entranced by the bright shiny object/idea, and never asking the hard questions of how such a thing can be produced as promised.

Complain to indigogo. When the scammers run off with the money the 'investors' should go after them. They cannot plead ignorance with lots of explanations as above.

Done several days ago; this is the response I got:

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. At this time, the campaign is under review to ensure that it adheres to our Terms of Use (http://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms). We will follow up with you if we have any further questions.

So what happens now? We will include the information you have provided along with all other information at our disposal in our review of the campaign. In some cases, we will contact the campaign owner to have them edit their campaign and it will remain on our platform. If the project doesn't follow our rules, we may remove the campaign. We may also restrict the campaign owner's future activities on Indiegogo.

To protect our users' privacy, we're unable to share the action we take. At Indiegogo, we take the trust and safety of our community very seriously, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this review process. To learn more about Indiegogo’s Trust & Safety effort, please visit: www.indiegogo.com/trust

Please note that you do not need to contact us again. Doing so would create a new ticket and prolong the process. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch with us and for helping to keep Indiegogo a safe and secure platform.

Please note that even after pointing out the problems with this listing, indiegogo appears not interested in taking any immediate action whatever. It's obvious they think that they are shielded from responsibility somehow for hosting the campaign. I think they'll find out differently when the stuff hits the fan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom