World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trinigordo:
The one thing I enjoyed over everything else in my time in England was watching them lose the 6 nations in Twickingham to the Irish, oh sweet irony :D
What's ironic about that ? Been listening to Alanis Morrisette ?

Bubble Junky:
It was the first mistake, and I took 'gooder' as being a piss take. If I had to correct every grammatical error made by an Aussie, or every spelling mistake by Americans, I'd have no time left to dive !!

I do hate the americanisation of the english language, it seems like they have waged a war against the letter u. But you know what is worse than that?

Two words the English mispronounce and when corrected they ignorantly argue against it. It is pronounced privacy (PRY VA SEE) not (PRIV A SEE) and it is (VY TA MIN) not (VIT A MIN) GOD I cannot take these yankee and limey violations on language.

Bubble Junky:
What's ironic about that ? Been listening to Alanis Morrisette ?

Don't be daft mate :rofl: Like my english accent?

It is the whole beating the old colonial masters thing at its greatest. True irony, especially since the Irish aren't too loved by the English and vice versa

Trinigordo:
Two words the English mispronounce and when corrected they ignorantly argue against it. It is pronounced privacy (PRY VA SEE) not (PRIV A SEE) and it is (VY TA MIN) not (VIT A MIN) GOD I cannot take these yankee and limey violations on language.

The English pronounce these words correctly. It's our language and we can pronounce it as we please !!!:wink:

Bubble Junky:
The English pronounce these words correctly. It's our language and we can pronounce it as we please !!!:wink:
as long as you guys dont sound like David Beckham

serioulsy, with all his money you think his Mrs would send him off for some lessons

Bubble Junky:

Well when you are looking for some {PRIV A SEE) go somewhere (PRIV IT) instead of somewhere (PRY VATE) or how about the reason Vitamins has its name, which is a shortened version of (VIT AL) Minerals and not (VY TAL) so maybe you should check that lame excuse of it is our language.

almitywife:
as long as you guys dont sound like David Beckham
As much as we love him at the moment, we hope we don't sound like him !!
Anyway, let's get back to the football - which is the second best goal so far ? (I think we all know which is the best - Argentina's 2nd vs. Serbia.)
I think Deco's was a stunning strike.

Bubble Junky:
As much as we love him at the moment, we hope we don't sound like him !!
Anyway, let's get back to the football - which is the second best goal so far ? (I think we all know which is the best - Argentina's 2nd vs. Serbia.)
I think Deco's was a stunning strike.

I am torn between three goals, Lahm's to open up the scoring in the cup, the cambiasso goal and the joe cole goal. All three are brilliant goals.

More importantly how about the best saves of the tournament so far?

I am thinking John Terry's miracle against Trinidad, Shaka Hislop's save on the point blank Ibrahimovic shot and Pletikosa saving that Ronaldinho header. All three were awesome.

Mike Veitch:
i am impressed with the aussies too!! and i can think of nothing better than them beating Italy.... (i won't mention what i think of the melodramatic italian style of football here as i know you have italian heritage... :) )

FORZA AZZURI!!!!

Now if that darn match fiixing scandal would just go away.......... :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom