World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
this was.... back in June of 2004, heading back from Bonaire

Hmmm, 2004..
I think this is the period in which they were still a private company.
So your horror story/massive delay sounds a bit unusual but anything is possible with AJ.

To be fair though, since returning to government ownership in the past year and a half their realiability has been pretty darn good.

it was a combination of bad weather and unexpected maintenance (whatever
that is). and i exaggerated a bit (just a bit) for comic effect ... i seem to remember
that we got there sometime in the morning (like 10:30 or so?) and ended up
leaving for Miami right before midnight... so it was really more like 13 hours

H2Andy:
it was a combination of bad weather and unexpected maintenance (whatever
that is). and i exaggerated a bit (just a bit) for comic effect ... i seem to remember
that we got there sometime in the morning (like 10:30 or so?) and ended up
leaving for Miami right before midnight... so it was really more like 13 hours

Ahhh ok that makes a little it more sense, I was trying to figure out why there would be such a long delay.
Personally i've had nothing but good experiences with AJ but in the same breath i've had family who've had delays lasting a day, missing luggage and late flights.

Hmmmm, anyway getting back to football is it just me or does Zidane look like he's about ready to keel over from a heart attack while playing.

Spain 3 - Tunisia 1

Switzerland 2 - Togo 0

Ukraine 4 -Saudi Arabia 0

So all in all quite an exciting day of matches, I haven't seen them all but I suspect that the Spain game was the most exciting....

Any thoughts all?

Nice turnaround by Spain. They're looking more and more like a force to be reckoned with. Maybe they won't flame out this time...

ScubaTexan:
Nice turnaround by Spain. They're looking more and more like a force to be reckoned with. Maybe they won't flame out this time...

Fernando Torres was quite impressive, I knew the name but had never really seen much of him.
The kid's got some talent :wink:.

Jamdiver:
Fernando Torres was quite impressive, I knew the name but had never really seen much of him.
The kid's got some talent :wink:.

United and Chelsea are about to embark on a bidding war for the services of Torres next season...

Forget Torres, the real story is Sergio Ramos - The best Right Back I've seen playing at the moment and at the tender age of 19, this one has a rather large future ahead. Or what about Fabregas? I said it before and I'd say it again, Spain look the best so far but that is normal for every world cup, let's see if they can keep it up past the quarters without fizzling out.

ScubaTexan:
United and Chelsea are about to embark on a bidding war for the services of Torres next season...

The Smart money is on stupid rich Chelsea... :wink::14:.

Trini i'll have to watch the game again, I only saw pieces of it, didn't notice Sergia Ramos, will have to keep an eye out for him.

Back
Top Bottom