World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So England plays Hungary in less than an hour..
Any predictions from you guys :wink:..

Kim especially?

England 3 - Hungary 1

Had the privelege of being able to see most of the game, thank god for the office tv..
Overall England had a convincing victory, mainly due to the quality and consistency of David Beckham's crosses and their much improved performance in the second hald.

As a matter of fact both of England's best goal chances and subsequent penalty in the first half were due to this.
I'd say that Beckham was the man of the match, as he had the best game.

Joe Cole, John Terry and a couple others were pretty convincing.
Lampard looked Subpar to me, Crouch had a pretty good name.

So all in all, I think this was a good game for England and they'll probably build on this scoreline against Jamaica next on Sunday..

Jamdiver:
So England plays Hungary in less than an hour..
Any predictions from you guys :wink:..

i predicted England will win, and so they did

H2Andy:
i predicted England will win, and so they did

They did but don't read too much into this Andy.
Both of the first 2 goals were from set pieces, the quality of which was largely attributable to David Beckham crosses.

The last goal was probably the most telling as it came from open play, a Joe cole pass to Crouch.
He pivoted and hit a low shot into the bottom left corner of the net.

Anyway my point is England were good in spurts, they looked dysfunctional at times.
Basically that isn't the sort of performance that will carry them far against quality teams in the World cup.....

Hungary was better than I thought, very technically adept on the ball, good movement, passing, possession that sort of thing.

lol!!

i hadn't predicted anything :wink:

was just pretending to

Jamdiver:
Kim especially?
Sorry...wrong timezone, I just woke up.

By the way though, there's nothing wrong with set pieces, they're something that England is rather good at. I didn't see the match though so I can't comment on the game really.

Don't look to hard at pre-World Cup friendlies. Most players are just having a strolll in the park doing everything to avoid getting injured. They're just used to keep fitness levels up and to try one or two new tactics. But, Crouch's robotic goal celebration was the best I have ever seen !!!!!

Bubble Junky:
Don't look to hard at pre-World Cup friendlies. Most players are just having a strolll in the park doing everything to avoid getting injured. They're just used to keep fitness levels up and to try one or two new tactics. But, Crouch's robotic goal celebration was the best I have ever seen !!!!!

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Well I don't know if it was the 'best' i'd ever seen, but he certainly could pass for a robot with moves like that :14::14:

Back
Top Bottom