World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
france played well, Brazil played like at any minute a miracle would happen and
they would win ... cause they're Brazil ...

well ... it didn't :wink:

Exactly, spot on!

theatis:
He must be the most lanky, skinny, ungraceful, clumsy, over-rated center fore playing in the Cup.

If he had yellow feathers, Crouch would look like Big Bird...

theatis:
Jam, what's going on man? I agreed on everything you so far, but Crouch? :11: I can immediately recollect a number of horrible things he did without even trying: at one point he attempted to play midfield, then proceeded to pass DIRECTLY to an opposing player, nearly a disaster, another time he had just one defender between him and the goal, attempted to gracefully (!) sidestep him, stepped on the ball and fell down, etc.

He must be the most lanky, skinny, ungraceful, clumsy, over-rated center fore playing in the Cup.

Well the thing was theatis, that Crouch in comparison the other english players, held up the ball a lot better than they did..

after rooney went off england played a better game,Crouch worked for the ball and was all over the place...actually the whole team were playing makeshift roles...saw neville playing as a striker and Crouch as a defender...too bad...anyway i wouldnt want italy to win...they played dirty...poor aussies were robbed.

Crouchy is never going to be Englands main goalscorer as long as the sky is blue and water is wet...However like Jamdiver said he holds the ball up really well, and he's a real pain in the oppostions *** when it comes to set pieces as well because he's so tall it takes two players to mark him. He needs a second striker to play off of him someone for him to lay the ball off to...Yesterday we didnt have another striker, save for that poor kid Walcott, but Hargreaves especially and lennon as well did a great job of making runs and supporting Crouch - lanky and ungainly he maybe, but he's a stayer!

Freds :coffee:

Jamdiver:
Well the thing was theatis, that Crouch in comparison the other english players, held up the ball a lot better than they did..
Lennon played really well. Crouch came over (again) as a clumsy stick-insect. What with Rooney trying hard to be another Paul Gascoigne and blowing it (although a somewhat questionable red card IMO) we never had it in attack. It was heartbreaking to watch created chances just slip away for want of someone to actually finish them.
In the end though they held the Portuguese for around an hour with a man less, and created more shots on goal during the same time - not bad.
The penalty kicks were appalling but served to clearly show where the whole problem lies - getting the ball into the back of the net.

Kim:
Lennon played really well. Crouch came over (again) as a clumsy stick-insect. What with Rooney trying hard to be another Paul Gascoigne and blowing it (although a somewhat questionable red card IMO) we never had it in attack. It was heartbreaking to watch created chances just slip away for want of someone to actually finish them.
In the end though they held the Portuguese for around an hour with a man less, and created more shots on goal during the same time - not bad.
The penalty kicks were appalling but served to clearly show where the whole problem lies - getting the ball into the back of the net.

No seriously Crouch has to go, I think his body type prohibits him from doing the things a top class striker should be able to do. He is just too lanky and clumsy, but all together I don't think he has what it takes to be a good international striker. Now Lennon made huge impacts as a sub in some of the games. Ashley Cole and John Terry are two world class defenders, as shown by their performance in this world cup. I was disappointed with Gerrard and Lampard.

Back
Top Bottom