Working and divemaster intership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uminchu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone...

I'm looking to work/intern for my divemaster somewhere in Hawaii... any suggestions? I'd be up for as long as it takes, with a potential for long term employment.

I can also speak japanese at a basic/intermediate conversational level (i've lived/worked/studied in japan for two years)... i'd like to keep it up so i don't forget it.
i am, however, not japanese (hense the basic). I'm moving back to the US next month.

any help? a billion thanks

Lachlan:D

Do you have a particular island in mind, or just anywhere?

From what I understand, the DM internship from the place on Maui is typically done in a "student" type setting, where you're the one paying, not getting paid... though I think they comp your air for you on the dives you do for the training. :)

KB,
Basically i'd be happy to be anywhere...
And i was hoping that i'd be able to use my language experience and help out full time for a longer period of time... in exchange for it... but i'm not sure if that even exsists, my buddy is doing a "not paying" thing, where he works fulltime for nothing... i was hoping to sweeten the deal...

Try sunshine divers in Oahu, they cater to our asian friends.

Wildcard,
I looked up Sunshine divers on the web... i was unable to find anything... do they have a website you know of?

8085938865 is ther phonne number. I think they advertise only in Japan. I did my IE with a bunch from there.

Great thanks for the tips... Wildcard and Universal diver!!!

I've been looking over the website, it's hard because of all the kanji, but it's helpful. Do you think it's better just to call?

How did you become a divemaster? Or instructor? Did you do it little by little? Or with an internship?

Lachlan

I paid to be a tank humping slave. Then I paid to teach people how to be tank humping slaves.

Back
Top Bottom