Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I thought passenger planes at first since Canada isn't letting anyone in, but the UK managed to get a parcel to my via air, and this was just regular Royal Mail, so how'd they swing that, I wonder?

DHL has no explanation on their website either; just coloured dots indicating where they've managed to resume regular service to or not. All kinds of tiny tropical islands have 'green' service, but Canada and the US are still in the 'yellow' zone.
It wouldn’t surprise me that they are allocating limited capacity to the highest paying markets. In the USA there are multiple competing services with reasonable delivery.
In Mexico, for instance, you can use the national post and wait several weeks for your package to maybe arrive. Or you can pay DHL twice the price and it will get to the states in 3 days. Those are basically the options.

It wouldn’t surprise me that they are allocating limited capacity to the highest paying markets. In the USA there are multiple competing services with reasonable delivery.
In Mexico, for instance, you can use the national post and wait several weeks for your package to maybe arrive. Or you can pay DHL twice the price and it will get to the states in 3 days. Those are basically the options.
I see what you're saying. The seller didn't offer any better level of service, though. I wrote her to let her know the status and she said it took about 6 wks for an item to reach the US, so I still have some hope for my vase.

Every time I take the boat to/from Long Beach/Catalina I see many vessels waiting outside the breakwater waiting to be off-loaded

I hope this doesn't effect my dry suit from Poland. Which is suppose to be on its way. :(

What is going on? Everyone is out of everything. I exaggerate, but only slightly. Stores are even running out of paint. Wood, paint, audio gear, some diving gear, home appliances -- this is getting crazy.

This issue appears to be more noticeable in the US than in my region EMEA.

It’s in Europe and India, too.

What is going on? Everyone is out of everything. I exaggerate, but only slightly. Stores are even running out of paint. Wood, paint, audio gear, some diving gear, home appliances -- this is getting crazy.

You’re just now noticing? Go back through this thread. There is an excellent article from the New York Times I linked to back in March.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom