Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In addition to all the delays for all the reasons noted already- companies afraid of the delays as we get close to the holidays are bringing in Black Friday and Xmas goods NOW, just to make sure they are not out of stock for the peak holiday season. Which of course makes the problem worse. They are better off paying the warehousing fees at Amazon than bot having product for the big sale periods.

In addition to all the delays for all the reasons noted already- companies afraid of the delays as we get close to the holidays are bringing in Black Friday and Xmas goods NOW, just to make sure they are not out of stock for the peak holiday season. Which of course makes the problem worse. They are better off paying the warehousing fees at Amazon than bot having product for the big sale periods.

This is traditional “peak season” for the holiday goods. Has been for years. There are tons of other retailers than Amazon, so suggesting Walmart and Target, for example, pay Amazon for warehousing fees is ridiculous.

This is traditional “peak season” for the holiday goods. Has been for years. There are tons of other retailers than Amazon, so suggesting Walmart and Target, for example, pay Amazon for warehousing fees is ridiculous.

I was not suggesting the other retailers you mentioned were paying Amazon for warehouse space. I was just referring to normal Amazon sellers. They have been shipping (or trying to ship) much earlier than normal. I do know Walmart has brought in holiday goods earlier than normal.

:rant:Need to vent!

Turkish Airlines Cargo chaps my a$$! They are beyond worthless! Customer had a shipment come in two weeks ago. It’s a special kind of clearance Customs has to manually release. They didn’t like that the airline had manifested it as 4 pallets instead of 80 drums. The crusty old timer who’s been with Customs for more than 30 years tells me Turkish knows better and they better call him.:facepalm: So customer tells his shipper in Mumbai (aka Bombay) they’ve got to change the piece count. Oh, they change it alright. They make it 80 drums, but they never bothered to change the boarded quantity from 4 pieces to 80. So it now looks like the shipment is split over multiple flights. Split shipments are the devil! Multiple emails to Turkish at O’Hare (ORD) are useless. If you’ve got any brain cells at all, you don’t attempt to call an airline these days. You’ll be on hold for at least an hour. So customer is trying to get Turkish in Mumbai to fix what they screwed up in the first place. Meanwhile, storage at the airline is accumulating at a frightening rate. To add insult to injury, Customs slapped the shipment with an intensive exam, and they can’t be bothered to have done the exam by now. Yes, this kind of crap is what I deal with all day long. :rant:

:rant:Need to vent!

Turkish Airlines Cargo chaps my a$$! They are beyond worthless! Customer had a shipment come in two weeks ago. It’s a special kind of clearance Customs has to manually release. They didn’t like that the airline had manifested it as 4 pallets instead of 80 drums. The crusty old timer who’s been with Customs for more than 30 years tells me Turkish knows better and they better call him.:facepalm: So customer tells his shipper in Mumbai (aka Bombay) they’ve got to change the piece count. Oh, they change it alright. They make it 80 drums, but they never bothered to change the boarded quantity from 4 pieces to 80. So it now looks like the shipment is split over multiple flights. Split shipments are the devil! Multiple emails to Turkish at O’Hare (ORD) are useless. If you’ve got any brain cells at all, you don’t attempt to call an airline these days. You’ll be on hold for at least an hour. So customer is trying to get Turkish in Mumbai to fix what they screwed up in the first place. Meanwhile, storage at the airline is accumulating at a frightening rate. To add insult to injury, Customs slapped the shipment with an intensive exam, and they can’t be bothered to have done the exam by now. Yes, this kind of crap is what I deal with all day long. :rant:
So where are my Italian bathroom tiles?

So where are my Italian bathroom tiles?
The builder of our new house is starting to get inventive.

The glass delivered for one of the showers turned out to be wrong and would not fit. But instead of returning the pieces, they have been sent out to a local shop to be converted to mirrors.

We have both a glass and hence a mirror shortage. We have been waiting over 6 months for some stairwell glass....

Finally got a new washing machine. 6 week wait. Got my car in March right before supply crunch. Son waited 2 months for complete computer build because no graphics cards available.

From "Retail Leader" today-
"U.S ports handled 2.15 million Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units (TEU) in June, down 7.8% from May, but up 33.7% from the same month in 2020. While July figures are not yet finalized, the Global Port Tracker projected 2.22 million TEU—up 15.7% from the same time last year. August is also projected to reach 2.37 million TEU, which would top May’s record as the largest number of containers imported during a single month since NRF began tracking imports in 2002 at 2.33 million TEU.

August is expected to reach a new record because retailers began stocking up on holiday inventory during the month. With delays and other supply chain challenges, more retailers are also moving up their shipments earlier, according to NRF."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom