Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can we just start making our own stuff again already?
In a service based economy people are stressed because they have to be nice. If you make something everyone needs, you can be your natural ornery self. Better for mental health.

It's about the pocketbook. More expensive chips just makes more expensive things more expensive, yet again. See how ornery everyone gets then.

Well, the fireworks prices are up 30-35%. Happy July 4th!

Possible US wide rail strike next Monday. Would be delayed 60 days if the prez appoints arbitrators.

Possible US wide rail strike next Monday. Would be delayed 60 days if the prez appoints arbitrators.
What's the issue behind the possible strike? Wages increase demand due to inflation? Or ....?

Just google it. Plenty of articles.
"Contract expired" is two words/16 characters. "Contract dispute" is the same.

"Just google it. Plenty of articles." is six words/35 characters.

See how you could have saved yourself time?

That's a kick in the nuts for the Americans to start bringing these types of industries back home but I doubt they will wake up any time soon. If China goes in to invade Taiwan, that's when we go back to caves.
We can thank Richard Nixon for opening up relations with China.
I’ve said this for years that we’re F’ing ourselves.
If we were cut off from Chinese manufacturing 100% we would be screwed in a week, and they know it!

We can thank Richard Nixon for opening up relations with China.
I’ve said this for years that we’re F’ing ourselves.
If we were cut off from Chinese manufacturing 100% we would be screwed in a week, and they know it!
China doesn't do things that are bad for business. At least not yet. In terms of semiconductors, while Intel had the lead in the 90s, clown CEOs like Paul "no company t-shirts and ignore the fact I'm wearing one" Otellini and those that followed, Intel fell far behind. Samsung is close to catching up. But even if they do, an invasion of Taiwan would have far more severe impacts on the global economy than the fascists (Russians) invading Ukraine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom