Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Improvement!...So yesterday my cargo arrived in the Long Beach Port at 7am from Asia. This ship was max loaded at 4 football fields long and it's keel swimming at 45 feet deep!. My container is off the ship, cleared customs docs, on a trailer and will be on the road by noon. The ship had 4 off loading cranes and is reloading empties now and will be off the docks by this afternoon and headed back to Korea. No 4 week anchorage delay, no dockside wait for trucks or crews, no customs backup. With the recently reported disaster in retail SKU unit sales (not $$ from price hikes ) slow downs, we'll see if more dive gear sales promotions appear this fall after the summer vacation season. DEMA is gonna be wild this year with promotions & deals. Picture of the ship.....

ship_lbp.jpg

@Johnoly

What was in your shipment?

I’ve been wrangling shipments of fresh Alphonso mangoes from India the last six weeks or so. Talk about complicated! Pre-cleared by USDA in Mumbai (Bombay) with inspectors on site in India during the April-May harvest season. The amount of documents needed is staggering compared with regular shipments.

Just foam seat padding. I know Georgia ports are clearing faster too. I'm hearing USA warehouses are restocked and there is a beginning of overseas PO's asking to be delayed for shipment because sales have slowed down.

@Johnoly

I’ve been wrangling shipments of fresh Alphonso mangoes from India the last six weeks or so. Talk about complicated! Pre-cleared by USDA in Mumbai (Bombay) with inspectors on site in India during the April-May harvest season. The amount of documents needed is staggering compared with regular shipments.
I don't suppose you can get me some Pakistani mangoes. I've always had to have them smuggled in for $10 each. Like meet a guy at the airport gate with a suitcase and cash kind of situation.

I don't suppose you can get me some Pakistani mangoes. I've always had to have them smuggled in for $10 each. Like meet a guy at the airport gate with a suitcase and cash kind of situation.

That is one country I’ll not touch anything from.

The mangoes are the best. Hands down.

I don’t give a flying fig. Imports from some countries are more trouble than they’re worth and draw unwanted attention from CBP. If I want to refuse to handle a clearance, especially from a possible new customer who is low volume, my company gives me that authority. Some shipments are simply not worth the trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom