Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But what do you take when you are not wreck diving? Those concrete planters on your balcony have suspicious markings on them…

Wrong! No balcony. Don’t take anything. I have little enough space between dive gear and books in my dinky one bedroom place.

I’m happy I got a new car in March, but unhappy that I delayed getting a new gas cylinder until now, but happy that by doing so I can dive locally, because I’m unhappy I can’t go to Grand Cayman.

Funny story from work.

I’ve been spending a lot of time at work lately wrangling with FDA on food imports. One customer brings in oodles of reefers filled with various kinds of frozen food from India. One fruit item has had an FDA import alert for salmonella contamination from the same manufacturer for maybe 5-6 years. Every time this product comes in, it has to be sampled and tested for salmonella by a private lab at the importer’s expense. Maybe $500 for each set of tests. Once you notify FDA you’re going to test, you get an extension of the time required to respond to FDA, 4-6 weeks extra depending on FDA inspector. So response date is yesterday for the frozen fruit. Importer arranged their own testing. I’ve been trying to get a hold of importer for three weeks to get testing update. Crickets. He was ignoring email and voice mail. I left him a voice mail yesterday asking if he wanted his fruit refused by FDA (which means you have to destroy or reexport it). Got a call back damn quick. Turns out the lab he contracted with had never even collected the samples for testing. The groveling email he sent to FDA asking for another extension was very amusing. :D

@Marie13 I was about to send you a DM re: shipping info, but it seems you have the DM feature turned off. Is this correct or am I missing something here?

@Marie13 I was about to send you a DM re: shipping info, but it seems you have the DM feature turned off. Is this correct or am I missing something here?
That’s correct. Some people were being turds and I had to shut it off for everyone. Sending you a PM.

Now the east coast is more jammed up than the west coast. Last week there were 10 ships at anchor off Charleston.

Now the east coast is more jammed up than the west coast. Last week there were 10 ships at anchor off Charleston.

Go look at Vancouver, they have Charlestown beat.
And all around it's an improvement, Charlestown was backlogged 30 ships back in Feb and have set records for container throughput every month for a year now.

Go look at Vancouver, they have Charlestown beat.
And all around it's an improvement, Charlestown was backlogged 30 ships back in Feb.
Charleston. Yes, I know Charlestown was the original name.

Vancouver has been a cluster **** for years. Dwell times in the summer of close to two weeks before getting on a train to the US going back to 2007.I have a ton of containers through VAN.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom