Women's Wetsuit Comparison - Need opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pholsten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am trying to decide on a 3mm wetsuit. I know some will think this is nuts...but I would like it to have some PINK trim or accents. My Zuma BC, Micron Reg, skin and fins all have pink so I would like for my wetsuit to also.

I remember from years ago (1990s) they were easy to find...but I'm having some difficulty finding anything with PINK (except for the very light dove pink for breast cancer awareness). I haven't needed a wetsuit as I have been warm water diving with a skin for the past few years but I just got back from Cozumel and needed a 3mm and going to Roatan next month and am told I will need it there too.

I have found two pink ones:

BARE 3/2 mm IGNITE
O'Neill Epic II 3/2

Another thing that is important to me is that I do not like the thick rubber knee pads...and I prefer a back zipper.

Any comments or other suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS in advance!

The bare pink is a medium pink. My friend has pink shortie bare sport for the pool it looks nice. I wear a mens small velocity 2/3 full for the pool, its very durable and i dont find the knee pads restrict my rsnge of motion. My next pool suit wil be a ladies 3mm elastek, the countouring and fit is the best of bares ladies suits. I got a mens because it was dirt cheap for the pool.

It has knees but look at the Bare Velocity. There is a pink option. I just bought it in the 5/4 mm. Have not dove with it yet but for me it fit better then the scubapro or waterproof.
Bare Velocity 3/2 Full Womens Wetsuit discounts on sale Bare

As I understand it, the Velocity has the progressive stretch, I'm not sure that the Ignite does, so the Velocity may be a little more comfortable.

I have no experience with the O'Neill

Have you tried any of them on?

None available to try on where I live in NC. Scuba Pro and AquaLung about it around here and I can't find Pink with them, so must order online.

I liked the 5/4 Velocity so well that I ordered the 3/2 but has not arrived yet. Any ideas on size?

You could have a as much pink as you want, with zipper in the back and without knee pads, if you get it custom made.... No only will look like you want but it will fit perfect for about the same price of an already made suit. I know of a very good place in Florida that will work with you, you can google them, maybe there's more closer to you too.

the name of the company is Wetwear, I don't have their number handy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom