Women and everything being heavy in scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lifting tanks. I like to carry my own, I may need to anyway. I just had a thought. Apologies if I have missed this in the thread - but I've just remembered seeing someone with some kind of clip-on grab-handle carrying tanks. My problem is that I can lift them if I can just get a good grip and my small hands don't always go round the valve easily. Anyone know of such a device? Or had someone cleverly adapted something else?

Any offers please on nifty devices that help give a secure hand hold?

I'm starting to wonder about a tank band - like on a BC - with a rubber grip pad on the band, adapted with a handle. And I'm now looking at the yoga mat sling and pondering if a heavier design of that would work, round your shoulder with your hands supporting the base of the tank. Light weight webbing, quick release catches, grippy silicon pads. Oh good grief - surely we're not straying into fetish-wear here. It was a serious question.

Lifting tanks. I like to carry my own, I may need to anyway. I just had a thought. Apologies if I have missed this in the thread - but I've just remembered seeing someone with some kind of clip-on grab-handle carrying tanks. My problem is that I can lift them if I can just get a good grip and my small hands don't always go round the valve easily. Anyone know of such a device? Or had someone cleverly adapted something else?

Any offers please on nifty devices that help give a secure hand hold?

I'm starting to wonder about a tank band - like on a BC - with a rubber grip pad on the band, adapted with a handle. And I'm now looking at the yoga mat sling and pondering if a heavier design of that would work, round your shoulder with your hands supporting the base of the tank. Light weight webbing, quick release catches, grippy silicon pads. Oh good grief - surely we're not straying into fetish-wear here. It was a serious question.

Are you thinking of either this

Dive Scuba Tank Cylinder Carry Handle - Stronger Heavy Duty - Fits most sizes | eBay

Or this

Scuba diving CYLINDER tank CARRY HANDLE dive kit BOTTLE PCP gun STRAP AIR stage | eBay

@pelan-pelan Don't know were you are located but if you are going to get the handles that go permanently attached to the tank, be ware that is a fixed one like the link on the post above not the ones with a hinge, like these
XS Scuba Steel Tank Carry Handle

There's a HUGE difference.

How do women view scuba as it involves weights, heavy tanks, etc..?
What the hell sort of question is this?

What the hell sort of question is this?

You'd think is from several centuries ago, but no. It's a question posted here sometime July a couple of years ago.

You'd think is from several centuries ago, but no. It's a question posted here sometime July a couple of years ago.
Yeah, quite the knuckle dragging misogynist. If he saw almost 6' tall me, size 12, 200lbs, or my NYPD Detective sister and competitive kick-boxer he'd want to rapidly rethink his opinions of women.

What an idiot! Who thinks like that?

Reactions: Ana
BikerBecca, neither you nor your sister are the median on female strength. Men tend to have more upper body strength than women. Clearly a trained women can far surpass an untrained man on athletics. But scuba is often a casual entry/exit sport, and is experienced by many women and men without specific fitness training for it. The relative issues seem born out up thread by comments of working smarter. (not that the women are alone in thinking that working smarter might be prudent.)

BikerBecca, neither you nor your sister are the median on female strength.

True.... the median on female strength is carrying couple of babies up/down hills, or washing the heavy husband's cloths by the river with rocks, or all the typical heavy as $hit work women have been doing throughout the ages.

But yeah BikerBecca is being too sensitive about that question.... in 2019 ...oh so sensitive, probably a sign of lack of strength... shame on you BikerBecca.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom