Woman drowns during training - Hidden Paradise Campground, Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only shop in greenwood.

From some quick googling it appears that the only shop in Greenwood can also be found on this list:
Expelled Dive Centers and Resorts | PADI

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this dive center, I am just saying that my googlefu turned up a list that the aforementioned dive shop is on.

I heard they got the expelled from SDI as well.
Assuming people are talking about Bottoms Up scuba, their website lists both SDI and NAUI.

Assuming people are talking about Bottoms Up scuba, their website lists both SDI and NAUI.

Unfortunately SDI's website doesn't list them.

They are on the NAUI website as a dive center

Somebody with the password and know-how and all has to log in and edit the webpages. It's not unusual for that summer intern to have left the place years ago without a forwarding address.

And now two sites claim that she was indeed an Instructor

The first article appears to show that it was updated to state that she was not an instructor.

From some quick googling it appears that the only shop in Greenwood can also be found on this list:
Expelled Dive Centers and Resorts | PADI

Bottoms Up is on the list and is in Greenwood, IN. Have been by it but never in it. They do use Hidden Paradise Campground as well as a couple other sites for training and are NAUI certified per their website - there are only so many places to dive in Indiana. Not saying they were the dive op in this case - at least one of the sites uses a dive club to operate the scuba diving at their site.

Midwest Scuba in Avon, IN (a few miles west of Indy) is also on the list but the guy who owned it closed the shop and about a year later Diver's Supply took the space (one of their 2 shops in Indy area.)

Interesting that I haven't seen this reported on the local news. Westfield is in the Indy metro area.

The fact that there have been no more details and very little local reporting speaks volumes. None of it good for B.U.S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom