Wishing I were somewhere warm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunshineFish

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone!

Stumbled onto this board accidentily and am really glad I did - seems to be a wealth of resources here.

Tavi suggested I intro myself sooooo.....am from NYC, lived in Flordia for 4 years but alas, didn't dive tho I was a Marine Bio major. Sad, sad, I know. Opportunity lost. Just got back from my first real dive vacation since certification last September. Had a blast! Already researching locales for next dive vacation - I am thinking the Caymans! Also looking into buying my first set of gear - just waiting for the cash flow to come in. Currently a Padi AOW diver. And I am a slow ear clearer so if you ever see someone floating at 10 feet of water for what seems like a very long time - that's me!!

Sunshine :wink: -> with nice tan from vacation if I do say so myself

Glad to have you aboard. I am sure you will enjoy the board and we will enjoy reading your post. Don't be shy jump right in.

Chad

It's good to hear a little more about you. I enjoy hearing about other divers vacations! My wife and I are always planning. We were just invited to do a week on a liveaboard in the Exumas! (don't know yet if we can swing it) I've heard it is beautiful there, above and below the waves.
My wife was a slow ear clearer. Our last few dives she was at the bottom before me, so that is something that may change with time and/or experience.

See you 'round the boards. :)

Welcome to one other warm spot and just how do you think ARIZONA got all that beach :)

yeah on my last dive trip I was with a buddy that was slow to clear, I was rewarded with jellyfish stings....

Ooh, ouch, some reward huh? Was stung in Bermuda a few times - not pleasant.

:wink:

Originally posted by Fishkiller
Welcome to one other warm spot and just how do you think ARIZONA got all that beach :)

yeah on my last dive trip I was with a buddy that was slow to clear, I was rewarded with jellyfish stings....

Originally posted by Tavi
It's good to hear a little more about you. I enjoy hearing about other divers vacations! My wife and I are always planning. We were just invited to do a week on a liveaboard in the Exumas! (don't know yet if we can swing it) I've heard it is beautiful there, above and below the waves.
My wife was a slow ear clearer. Our last few dives she was at the bottom before me, so that is something that may change with time and/or experience.

See you 'round the boards. :)

Hope for my ear problem, that is!

Where are the Exumas? I spent New Year's in Curacao getting my sea legs, or maybe a better term is fish fins <ha ha :D >. Weather and water was great and so was the diving. I pretty much dove by myself (the DMs always kept me in sight) since my friend ditched me. I think if I go to the Caymans, I would like to do a liveaboard since I've already done the land thing there. Not that I remember any of it, but still.

Hi SunshineFish:

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England.
Have fun, Dive Safe........................Arduous

PS: Don’t wait to go on vacation to go diving. Get in the water in your home state, it’s really not that cold :)

The Exumas are a part of the chain of Islands that make up the Bahamas and the Turks. I think its in the Bahamas part. A lot of the boaters we talked to in Grand Bahama spent their summer there. They all talked about how beautiful it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom