Wish I had a pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair enough - just many people are so worried about underhyrdation and potential risks associated with that, that they can overdo it the other way which could also have risks. Just be properly hydrated.
Like everything in diving, all in moderation!

I know that on a boat there's plenty of distractions and never enough tea (albeit that's a diuretic). Drinking some water prior to the dive's good, but too much is as bad as too little. Avoid all those foul-tasting branded sugar water concoctions with added chemicals; water's good and pure.

Can a Bare Trilam Pro Dry drysuit be modified to include pee vavle?

When getting out of the drysuit, get a bottle of water and take mouthfuls and blow into the pee valve to flush it through. Blow air (from your lungs) through and repeat. There's nothing worse that the smell of stale piss, not to mention the possibility of infection. Have been doing this for years and it never smells, indicating that the flushing is effective.

on my last dive i keep the catheter on the hose if i can -then when im sanitising my loop and c/lungs with purtiabs i use some of the liquid to pour down the catheta and through the valve

Random facts and opinions:
  • Shaving the pubic area (literally) is not necessary and can lead to unpleasant nicks. All that is really needed is to scissor away the long hairs. The short hair stubs are not an issue.
  • Coffee and tea are mild diuretics that will supply more water than you will lose through their diuretic effect. Drinking them will provide a net hydration.
  • Yes, too much hydration is at least as bad as too little. Many people have been so thoroughly warned that the slightest dehydration will cause DCS that they go way overboard with hydration. Although dehydration can be a contributing factor or DCS, no research supports the belief that it is the primary cause of DCS, as so many people have been told. (Many of the people who believe that may have heard it from me--for awhile I said that to OW students, repeating what I had been falsely told.)
  • Yes, a quick disconnect is worth every penny of its cost. Install the catheter with one part of the connection ahead of time, and the actual installation on a boat or other more public area will take seconds.

Can a Bare Trilam Pro Dry drysuit be modified to include pee vavle?

Yes. That was my first drysuit, or a predecessor to it. I did it myself. You could also have one of any number of reputable shops do it for you. Where you bought the suit can probably do it as well.

As to how to dive with one and take care of it ... all those tips and tricks ... you will find a myriad of threads here on SB over the years. Just search and then read to your hearts content. You will find much collective wisdom.

A condiment squeeze bottle works well for flushing pee valve out after a day of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom