Wine Lover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier:
Do you have any internet wine source?

I am looking for Pakers Estate. I can't get this wine from our local grocery anymore. Darn small town..

Are you talking about Parker Estate from Australia?

Enjoy the ice wine now... it does not keep forever... :D

I have so many favorites...it hard to narrow it down.

As a rule, I don't like anything sweet. I tend not to like any whites or blushes. There are two flume blancs that I can tolerate.

Some chardonnays are delightful to my tastebuds, but the texture isn't to my liking.

Soooo, I mostly drink reds. The drier, the better!

Some favorite grapes: pinot noir, merlot and almost all cabs. (Unless they are high in tannin or have that French "earthiness".

Some favorite vintners: Cline, Wild Horse and Clos du Bois.

pickens_46929:
Are you talking about Parker Estate from Australia?

Enjoy the ice wine now... it does not keep forever... :D

NO.. Domestic from CA.... I really love that wine, but I couldn't find it anymore from my local groceries anymore. It used to $14.99, so that it wasn't popular...:wink:

Hence, I am looking for some internet wine vendors who are carrying that wine....

Hoosier:
NO.. Domestic from CA.... I really love that wine, but I couldn't find it anymore from my local groceries anymore. It used to $14.99, so that it wasn't popular...:wink:

Hence, I am looking for some internet wine vendors who are carrying that wine....

Might call or try PrimeWines.com or MyWinesDirect.com... Better yet, try First Street Wine Co. in Livermore California... I've dealt with them before. :D

First Street Wine Co
2211 1st St, Livermore - (925) 294-5825
www.wineco.com

Oh I love Ravenswood Zin... or Toasted Head Zin... yummy.

thanks for posting that...

Hess Estates

and Guenoc estate Vinyards Meritage 2001 is my latest one that blew me away.

in fact, the Miritage might be the best wine I have had for the money.

http://www.atlasofwineries.com/wineries/guenoc.html

well, those are some pricey wines, but this was about 20 a bottle when you bought a case...I think Meritages are a mixture when they are switching over, so maybe thats why its a less expensive wine.

I like Pinot Grigios..

Personally, I am not a big wine drinker. I'd much rather a Corona or an Absolut ruby red with grape cranberry. HOWEVER, the best wine that I've ever tasted - is made in the thousand islands ny. They have a winery, 1000 islands winery, and just about every kind they make is good!!! I'm not a big fan of dry wines or even semi dry, but they do something different up there....we spend about $135 on a case when we go.

RJP:
Had a lovely Caymus "Special Selection" Cabernet last night. 1999.
Argueably one of the greatest wines produced in the US.... and one of the best in the world.

Mine? Well a Grand Cru Burgundy from any good year. Then some french wines then some american and then Grange.

Another Pinot Noir fan here. I like La Crema and Rodney Strong. Another good California red with a great name: Menage a Trois- a blend of Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Imagine the local shop-owner asking me: "what are you looking for?" When I told him, he raised his eyebrow, and asked me if he should call his wife!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom