Wine Lover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not an expert, but I've become very fond of petite syrahs.

If you want a recommendation for a pricey self-indulgence, try the Pinot Noirs from Kosta Browne in Sebastopol, CA. They're extremely good, but be warned.

The price is more than you may be prepared to pay. Drinking their Pinot led to me buying a trip to Australia at the auction where I tasted them, which led to me learning to dive, which led to me not being able to afford Kosta Browne Pinots :)

Hoosier:
I am sure there are many wine lovers out there.

We used to get a wine from a local grocery store (Usually Kroger:eyebrow: ). Recently, my GF and I has started to study a wine more seriously and get a wine from more refined store where has more european wine selection.

What is your favorite wine, either occasional or dailty base

Place of origin (France Boreaux, CA, Italy, South Africa, or etc....):
Name (Vero, Pakers Estate, Louis Jadot, Christian Moueix, or etc...):
Year:
Kind (Pinot Noir, Merlot, Shraz, or ect):

Thanks in advance,

Prefer Napa wines. Big reds. Although I do like to keep some French and Italian wines in the garage--they're great at removing varnish, thinning paint, etc.

catherine96821:
thanks for posting that...

Hess Estates

Love Hess Estates... not a huge fan of whites but I liked theirs... they also have a lovely vineyard / museum on their grounds... really pretty and enjoyable...

pickens_46929:
Might call or try PrimeWines.com or MyWinesDirect.com... Better yet, try First Street Wine Co. in Livermore California... I've dealt with them before. :D

First Street Wine Co
2211 1st St, Livermore - (925) 294-5825
www.wineco.com

Oh I love Ravenswood Zin... or Toasted Head Zin... yummy.

Thanks Dave... It is a good info..

However, they don't carry Pakers Estate. Pakers Estate white wine is more like an aperitif to me, specially in this hot waves...

TSandM:
If you want a recommendation for a pricey self-indulgence, try the Pinot Noirs from Kosta Browne in Sebastopol, CA. They're extremely good, but be warned.

The price is more than you may be prepared to pay. Drinking their Pinot led to me buying a trip to Australia at the auction where I tasted them, which led to me learning to dive, which led to me not being able to afford Kosta Browne Pinots :)
You went all the way to Australia taste a California Pinot?

IT'S A CALIFORNIA PINOT NOIR -:shakehead: Over priced would be a better expression. I could understand if it was tasting Romani Conti (which one can easily say might be out of someone's price range).

Only people that think highly of California Pinot Noir are people from the US..

I live within 10 miles of 3 local wineries and a large area of Southern NJ has been recently designated as a wine growing region called the Outer Coastal Plain. The wines that the locals produce here are actually quite good. They make everything from sweet whites to full bodied dry reds including fruit wines: blueberry, cranberry, ice, spice, etc. Being surrounded by wineries we can't help but go to their tasting rooms and sampling their latest vintage.

As for non local wines I like everything from white to red. Once had a really good B&G '94 Chardonnay and a 2000 George DeBoeuf Cabernet Sauvignon. Both were really good and were less that $20.

New Zealand ... Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc

Wonderful stuff!

I love wine from Spain...Tempranillo grapes rock...

French Pinots are okay...

Chianti Classicos are good...

Muscadines are nice...

Warthaug:
I cannot afford to buy the wine I like to drink. Luckily I can make it myself.

Current best 2 are a Cabernet Savion & a Merlot. Both 2004 "vintage".

Bryan

Same with me. Most of the wine I drink ferments in the room next to where I am typing at the moment. There is a Piesporter working away in there now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom