Wine Lover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air One:
Would you say that it's better than a Romanée Conti ? ( Bourgogne Pinot noir)
Then, send me 2 or 3 gallons : youre price will be mine !

Romanée Conti is out of my budget.

If we compare the Louis Jadot Pinot Noir Bourgogne with Oregon one, my statement is still valid and I will pick up another Oregon one.... :D

Louis Jadot Pinot Noir Bourgogne

Just a look at the appelation and I'll never buy this !:shakehead

About the Oregon : I don't know anyone, so I have to try.:)

About French wine : we had such a crise here, because all those wines coming from all over the world, that the market has been cleaned up !
Most of the crapywine makers are gone.

Now, we discover more and more new producers and the quality is back, in the same time, prices are lower ! So, it's a good period for wine lovers in France actualy.

My favorite places are in the south west ( I'm not talkink about the "Bordeau" that has been the crapywine capital for a while...or maybe the Beaujolais...:D ), where you can find fantastic small wines based on sirah and grenache.
Of course, I won't give the adresses on the net : my interrest is to keep the prices as low as possible.:wink:

Oh yes, just one from another place : Jean Macle " Chateau Chalon" cépage savagnin, is what we call the yellow wine, the taste is very strong, may I say "enormous", you have to drink it with a strong taste meat, or lobster for example, or the Jura local cheese : le compté. It's not easy, and not really usefull to choose a year, it depends of your taste, if you like it stronger or not. If you're patient : it can stay in your cellar for decades.

I tried few Chilians : no deceptions, have I been lucky ?

A very good surprise in Hierro ( canaries islands ), the red, like the white are excellent.

The best wine I've ever tasted : Chateau Ikem 1964 .

I use to apologize for my crapy English.
(and then, normaly , you might say something like :"well, don"t worry for your english, it's much better than my french !"...well, ok, but my english is still crap...)

Air One:
(and then, normaly , you might say something like :"well, don"t worry for your english, it's much better than my french !"...well, ok, but my english is still crap...)
Your English is still better than that of about half of the people that live here

Air One:
My favorite places are in the south west ( I'm not talkink about the "Bordeau" that has been the crapywine capital for a while...or maybe the Beaujolais...:D ), where you can find fantastic small wines based on sirah and grenache.
Of course, I won't give the adresses on the net : my interrest is to keep the prices as low as possible.:wink:

A hint perhaps? Please? S'il vous plait? :D

Air One:
Can see your french's going better !

Yes, I tend to do better with my vulgar interjections than with my polite adverbs... it's an American thing :rofl3:

Joking.. I'm joking!

Now... about that grenache....

Ok checked,

Place of origin: Monterey
Name: Hahn Estates
Year: 2001
Kind: Chardonnay

And now I see that we only have one bottle left :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom