Wine Lover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under $20/bottle:
MacMurry Pinot Noir is one of my favorites. Fred MacMurry bought the vineyards during his My Three Sons days. Excellent wine.

Le Crema Pinot Noir: wonderful wine, but I think I'm partial to it for the memories of the first time I had it during a motorcycle trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway...but that's another story.

Red Zins: The Zin, Liar's Dice, Cardinal Zin, all excellent wines imoho.

OD, thanks for the Pinot tips. I rarely buy Pinot, because I limit my wine budget to under $20 a bottle, so I'll have to look for those.

TSandM:
OD, thanks for the Pinot tips. I rarely buy Pinot, because I limit my wine budget to under $20 a bottle, so I'll have to look for those.

Yeah, well, having spent now over $3500 getting this dry suit

Yikes! No wonder you have to limit yourself to under $20 a bottle :wink:

OHGoDive:
I'm no expert, but I am currently enjoying Oregon Pinot Noirs (they're expensive though $20+, but nearly all worth it) and all sorts of Spanish varieties. They're delicious, and reasonably priced.

Oh, and if you're into learning more about wine, I got a great book for xmas, "Windows on the World, Complete Wine Course" by Kevin Zraly. It's fascinating and makes learning about wine very enjoyable.

You must know a wine very well. Yes, that is what I know. Oregon is famous for a Pinot Noir in the world. I think Oregon Pinot Noir is better than France one in general.

Thanks for the reference, I will look for it.

TSandM:
I've gotten hooked on New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. My current favorite, which has become my "house white", is the Nobilo, which Costco carries at an affordable $7.95 a bottle.

You must like a seafood very much. The Sauvignon Blanc from South Africa is also great choice for a sushi....

I could see that Costco is almost dominating Seattle local market. We have a Sam's here, not Costco.

naskie18:
My current favoirte is an Austrailian wine from Rosemount Estates, its a Traminer Reisling. Under $10 a bottle, and is quite good :)

As I know, Shraz from Australian is also a good choice.

Yikes! No wonder you have to limit yourself to under $20 a bottle

Yeah. Diving's interfering with my drinking, all right . . .

I've really been enjoying the Sin Zin lately. Really into some of the boutique wine's. There was one I was having quite often in NY called Rocket Science, haven't spotted it anywhere but there. That stuff was incredibly awesome. I also love a big cab.

hoosier:
naskie18:
My current favoirte is an Austrailian wine from Rosemount Estates, its a Traminer Reisling. Under $10 a bottle, and is quite good
icosm14.gif
As I know, Shraz from Australian is also a good choice.
I've got a bottle of Greg Norman Shiraz from Australia in the fridge right now, I'll probably get into that at somepoint during this week and see how I like it.

Back
Top Bottom