Wine and Cheese Party and Artic Dive - Feb 26, 2005 - Lake Murray Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cold bah in january i came back from cozumel on a fri and sat and sun i was diving out at terrell water temp was a brisk 49 deg and the air temp was a cool 39 and windy but dont know the chill factor.

I am working on trying to go to this was wondering if there are any people out there that would be willing to share a room to lower the cost doesn't matter to me if male or female. As long as they have more than one bed lol

won't be able to make this but would love to have some sort of event like this during the warmer months!

How many of you folks are planning to come on Saturday?
TxTed , Timeliner lets see thats 2 that I know of for sure....

I'll be there at about 11 a.m. in a Black 2dr Explorer :wink:

Ya'll watch out for the big white goose ! :11:

Frank

So how did this event go????

Let's see. The drysuit people didn't show up, the visibility was pretty bad, but overall I had a great time. what about everyone else.

Did anyone say why the drysuit people weren't there?

The weather was partly cloudy with little wind if any. Air temp maybe high 50's to low 60's The water was 49F and yea, the Vis. was not too good ... maybe 3-7 feet max. it got really dark at about 40 feet. About 8 of us took a surface swim of 275 yards. (I brought up the satelite photo of the area and used the scale to determine the distance when I got home.) We swam to the base of the cliffs at the Tucker Tower Nature Center. There were some caves down there ( i didn't go in) My dive time was 35 minutes. With the swim out and back I was in the water for 1 hour and 32 minutes.
I was a bit chilly needless to say. :11:

When we got back they had a rippin' fire going!!! Freaking Huge !!! They had brought in truck load after truck load of wood to burn and they were burning it up. ( Like Texas A&M used to do) 'Nothing like it when Texans invade Oklahoma huh? :wink:

I'd say that there were about 50 to 60 people there

The Bar-B-Que was excellent. I only knew two people from before but I met some new folks during the day. They are a crazy and fun bunch that's for sure.

I'd have to say thought that the next time I dive there I'll be going into the water right at Marietta landing where I dove before.

The Hot showers are a nice touch... I should have indulged :crafty:

Timeliner:
The weather was partly cloudy with little wind if any. Air temp maybe high 50's to low 60's The water was 49F and yea, the Vis. was not too good ... maybe 3-7 feet max. it got really dark at about 40 feet. About 8 of us took a surface swim of 275 yards.

Thanks for the report Frank....glad you got in a marathoon swim and dive---way to go man!!!! Sounded like a pretty good time,,,,knew the weather was overcast and damp.

The Wine-N-Cheese was a good social event. The cheapest bottle of wine won top prize for best red wine. It's always fun being with this group. Lake Murray has a lot to offer for divers and non-divers. Stayed the night in the villas. It was very roomy. A group went to Denims for breakfast the next morning. Will find out Thurs from the Dillio's what happened to the dry suit rep.

Back
Top Bottom