Feb 25! The Famous Arctic Dive (and Wine and Cheese Tasting)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broken Finstrap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's that time again and i wanted to remind everyone that the Arctic Dive is Sat. Feb 25 at Lake Murray Oklahoma, Marrietta Landing.
It is put on every year by the Diving Rebels and Scubadillo Dive Clubs.
See you all there!
Broken Finstrap

:d

From the flyer....
Come join us Sat. Feb. 25 for the famous Arctic Dive and Wine and Cheese Tasting
Contest. If you feel like braving the chilly water, bring your wetsuit or drysuit
and do a dive, “Arctic Dive”. Also bring your best wine and cheese and join
us for the tasting. We will also have a silent auction. Dinner should be around
5ish with the Wine and Cheese tasting afterwards. Awards will be given to best
red/white wine and best cheese and then worse overall wine.

Place: Marietta Landing, Lake Murray Oklahoma
Dinner Tickets: $15 at event
When: Saturday, February 25
Camping: Sites with electricity and water are $15 and $18
Tent sites without are $8
Other Accommodations: Lake Murray Resort/Cabins 1-800-257-0322 / 580-223-6600
Additional lodging / hotels available at nearby Ardmore OK.

I'll be There. 'Gotta go down and get a look at the Crab Trap :cool2:

I want to do it. I have 5mm a body+gloves+head+boots set it that enough? (I'm skinny.) I also have a 3mm shorty can that be combined with my 5mm equipment for extra cold protection? I don't have a dry suit or have any idea how to operate one. Advice?

Last edited:
I want to do it. I have 5mm a body+gloves+head+boots set it that enough? (I'm skinny.) I also have a 3mm shorty can that be combined with my 5mm equipment for extra cold protection? I don't have a dry suit or have any idea how to operate one. Advice?

2 hoods are a groove :cool2:
Wear some surgical gloves under your regular gloves... don't ask why 'cause I don't know why it just works better.
Put some lotion on your face before you dive. It helps fight off dry skin peal brought on by the cold water.
Think Warm and be Mean.
Breath Slow and calm and don't move your arms around a bunch it just flushes your suit.
Every time you look behind you you will get a flood of cold water down your back.
Be hydrated but don't Pee in your suit it steals body heat !!
It's OK to think about Sex ... It makes you feel warmer but the cold will keep you from having a "wetsuit boing"

Wear as much as you have. The water should be in the low 40's so you'll be cold no matter what you wear.
I dive wet so I imagine other folks do to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom